“great food with an ethnic flavor”
Review of Al's Blue Toad - CLOSED

Al's Blue Toad
Cuisines: American, Czech
Reviewed March 1, 2013

we found this place, accidentally, because it was an usual name. A great Midwest feel with very pleasant staff. not your typical bar food, but very outstanding. menu is quite varied, and even serves Czech food.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

the rest of the food is run of the mill greasy bar food, but the czech menu is fantastic (and very generous!)

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Very good menu with very reasonable prices and good service. Very convenient location, just down the street from the wonderful Czech-Slovak museum. A definite stop for a meal before or after visiting the museum.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

My wife and I were returning through Cedar Rapids as we typically do every other week. We try to find someplace new every time to sit down and sample some new menu. This time we decided on the Blue Toad. It was Sunday evening early, but they were more than willing to rustle up some very substantial, rib sticking, Czech cuisine. Mine was Goulash with dumplings and red cabbage. Honestly, my wife and I probably could have split it without any problem. I would recommend anyone in the neighborhood with a big appetite, stop by and give it a chance.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I had the mushroom tart, dumplings & red cabbage - it was enough to feed an army. Why do they serve so much for 1 person? it was good though