“Totally AWESOME!”

Days Inn & Suites Cedar Rapids
Ranked #10 of 37 Hotels in Cedar Rapids
Reviewed July 31, 2014

As a commercial driver, I've stayed at many hotels over the past 30yrs. Some good, some not so good, and some that weren't even worth talking about! This one, however, was, by far, the best experience that I have ever had!

I arrived in Cedar Rapids after a 4 & 1/2hr drive from the Twin Cities to be greeted by a sweetheart of person named Sheila. She was the main person I dealt with during my stay. She should be a role model for anyone wanting to work in the hospitality industry! Anytime I had a question, she was right there with the answer and always with a smile!

I was visiting an old Navy shipmate of mine that I hadn't seen in ten years and she was so understanding of the fact that we had alot of catching up to do. He also needed to do some work on my computer and Sheila was able to locate the perfect Phillips head screw driver that was needed to remove the back panels, (of which I promptly returned of course), No matter what type of day a person could have, she could put a smile on your face! She is a Gem among Gems!

I had the chance to meet the General Manager, Pankaj Patel, today as I was checking out and for the first time in all of the stays that I have had, I really felt as though he cared. I told him how impressed I had been with Sheila and how I definitely would be staying there on my next trip down.

The room was comfortable and quiet, The housekeeping crew did an excellent job in making sure that I always had a perfect room to come back to each night!

Thank You to Everyone of the staff at the Days Inn & Suites in Cedar Rapids, Iowa!!!!!!

Respectfully;

Scott D.
The Shamrock Group Inc.
Minneapolis, Minnesota

P.S.: I highly recommend the I-80 Truck stop and museum of which I'm including pictures of at the bottom of this review

Room Tip: My room was on the East Side on the fourth floor. not a single noise in the hallway at night
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Scott D
dayscdr, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Cedar Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2014

Thank you for your wonderful review. We truly appreciate you taking time out of your day and writing good things about our property. My team and a I will be waiting for you to come again and have a even better experience.

Reviewed July 24, 2014

I stay here every 6 weeks. The manager greets me with a smile every time. Rooms are always nice. Wifi is great. I would go as far to say it's the best days inn I've ever stayed at. For the price it's the best value as well.

• Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for the great response. We appreciate you taking time with your busy schedule and writing this review. Todays days people forget to write good things but remember bad things. My team and I are proud to have this review posted. We are waiting to serve you again.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Who knew an extra few inches on the comfy soft King size comforter could make you black and blue! Well...when it is on a queen size bed, and the excess is folded at the corner on the floor, it is a perfect storm to grab your foot and propel you across the room--along with your luggage in hand. The landing included my chin resting against the heat/ac unit, and my back wrenched in the fall. The comforter was not changed in the 3 night stay, and I had to ask for an accident report. The staff were friendly, the chair stained, and one electrical outlet serving one of the lamps didn't work. Other than that it was an ok stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Reviewed July 18, 2014

This is a fantastic Days Inn property as I've stayed in many others before. Staff is very nice and accomodating and the rooms and breakfast were first rate. The internet speeds were really quick as well. It's a great overall value!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your spectacular review. We appreciate you taking your time and writing good things about our property. This review helps our guests to choose us. We are glad to have you as our guest. We hope to see you again when you come back to Cedar Rapids.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

The staff was very nice, and helpful. While we were there they upgraded the wifi system, it made the stay much more enjoyable. Would definitely stay again. Please consider it for your stay, convienent location next to the suburbs, but minutes from city activities.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for the great review. We truly appreciate of you taking notice of the new wifi system which was added that same day. We have made it more secure and faster for our guests to enjoy on our new wifi system. We will be waiting for you to serve you again.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

good room and breakfast was great, next time I'll call hotel directly, the place I booked the room from charged $40.00 just for the booking--not an expense I thought I was getting. Location was good/close to my business requirement.

Room Tip: there was a stain on the cushioned chair
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
dayscdr, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Cedar Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete our Guest Survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future.

PK and Staff