“Good Value!”

Days Inn & Suites Cedar Rapids
Ranked #8 of 36 Hotels in Cedar Rapids
Reviewed January 4, 2013

BOTTOM LINE:

It's one of the best hotels in Cedar Rapids for it's price range. If you're looking for the most bang for only a few bucks, you won't go wrong here.

FULL REVIEW:

I'm an extended stay visitor to Days Inn, as my company has me in Cedar Rapids for a couple months on a work assignment. When you stay in a hotel for that long it's easier to see it for what it really is. Context is everything. In other words, guests who stay one or two nights will offer reviews based on a very brief snapshot of time. Complaints are often the result of isolated incidents and may not be reflective of the true nature of the business. As a longer-term guest, I have the advantage of seeing both the good things and the bad, and perhaps, can offer a more balanced review. My rating is based on comparisons to other budget hotels I've stayed in.

First, understand this is a budget hotel. It's not the Ritz nor is it trying to be. For budget hotels the name of the game is to offer the best value. That means decent accommodations and amenities for a low price. This Days Inn has one of the lowest rates in town, plus free breakfast, free wi-fi, free pool, free exercise equipment, and a location close to the interstate. That is a great value. I have stayed in much more expensive hotels and have been shocked at the final bill (paying $10-$12/day for internet, for example, is insane).

Second, I have seen the same staff every day for a couple months and have gotten to know them a little bit. From the front desk to the housekeeping staff - they are wonderful, good-hearted, people. PK, the hotel manager, is one of the nicest people I have ever met. He is also one of the hardest working. I have watched him perform maintenance requests with great skill and handle customer service issues like a true professional. His desire to accommodate his guests and provide a positive experience is genuine and is reflective of his good nature as a person. Gail and the other front desk staff have also been very generous and helpful. Anything I need, they are here to help.

No hotel is perfect, though. I am a TV junkie and must say I was very disappointed when I saw the old school tube TV's in the rooms. However, they have all been updated!! Brand new flat screens!! The one in my room is a 37" LG. And, from what I understand they are two years ahead of schedule on upgrading the TV's. This is a HUGE step towards bringing a few more modern touches to the Days Inn.

OTHER ITEMS
Bed - it's been quite comfortable to me. Just the right firmness.

Refrigerator - the newer refrigerators freeze everything I put it in, regardless of where I turn the temperature dial. I now have an older refrigerator in my room and it's perfect.

Sofa (love seat size) - hard as a rock. It folds up into a bed and I haven't had a need to sleep on it but I can't sit on the sofa for more than about 10-15 minutes.

Microwave - works great. However, it does take me back to my childhood with the turn dial and the bell ring when it's done.

Housekeeping - super friendly and hard working. I've never lacked towels or any other items.

Overall, this Days Inn is a great deal for the price. You won't go wrong staying here!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
dayscdr, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Cedar Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Thank you for your comments. We value feedback such as yours and use it to polish our skills and improve areas with opportunities. Our team is constantly trained and embrace our service promise culture.

We are constantly improving our product and offerings. We have expanded our breakfast to include variety of new items such as biscuits and gravy,flavoured yogurt etc.

We have also replaced our old analog T.Vs with Flat Panel HD T.V.s ranging from 32' to 37" in size.

Once again thank you for your compliments.We look forward to seeing you soon.

Pk and Gail.

There are newer reviews for Days Inn & Suites Cedar Rapids

Reviewed January 2, 2013

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 27, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 4, 2012

This hotel excellent is so many ways. The rooms are large and very comfortable, the pool is large and clean, the breakfast is more than a donut and the price is reasonable. I am going to need a motel in Cedar Rapids again this week and I will be staying there.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
dayscdr, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Cedar Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2012

Thank you for your valuable feed back i really appreciate it. This review will really help others feel the same way you have felt we hope. Thank you once again hope to see you soon.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed at the hotel twice for extended stays--a total of a couple of weeks. This is a great hotel, with excellent staff. PK, the manager, is very helpful and Gale and the rest of the staff are very friendly and nice. The rooms are large, with a nice kitchen area. Very comfortable with a couch and a desk--perfect for longer stays. There is also a small exercise room, and a nice size pool. Very convenient to have laundry facilities available to the guests. I'll stay there again when I'm in town!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
dayscdr, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Cedar Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Thanks for your review. We appreciate very much.

Reviewed November 8, 2012