“Like staying with family”

Days Inn & Suites Cedar Rapids
Ranked #10 of 36 Hotels in Cedar Rapids
Reviewed May 19, 2011

We have stayed at the Blairs Ferry Road Days Inn about 30 nights in the last 18 months. What keeps us coming back is the outstanding service. Gail & Diane at the front desk are hard to beat. PK will do whatever he can to make your stay better. Recently I ordered a flower to be delivered to the hotel, prior to our stay. Gail received the delivery and placed it in the refrigerator in our room. When we arrived after a 400 mile drive, all we had to do was check in (early, not a problem), change clothes, grab the flower and go about out business.
Breakfast is fresh & tasty and the area is kept clean. Location is excellent, We highly recommend this hotel if you are in the Cedar Rapids area. Its not a home away from home, more like staying with family.

Room Tip: Just ask.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank ginmc

Reviewed November 19, 2010

I was in Cedar rapids for a job. Booked at the Days inn. The hotel manager took the reservation and I specifically told him the rooms would be CASH. Gave him a credit card to hold the rooms. He countinually charged the credit card even though I kept telling him I would pay with cash. I now have a $1000.00 overage charge on my card and it(my card) is frozen. Repeated calls to the hotel have been unreturned.

PK(the manager's name??) is a crook. He doesn't listen, and worse yet, he doesn't care.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank phinfan1972
dayscdr, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Cedar Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2011

Thank you for sharing your comments. We apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying.

For cash paying guests, the hotel policy requires a credit card for incidentals. We also require advance payment for each room night that a guest stays. When a cash payment is not made in time, we have no choice but to charge the credit card.

In this case we stopped receiving cash payment and that is why we had to charge the credit card as an alternative mode of payment.

As our guest you can expect warm hospitality and clean comfortable room. We work hard to earn our reputation as The Best Value Under The Sun.

PK...General Manager

Reviewed November 14, 2010

My visit was with 3 teenage girls on our overnight stay for a high school state volleyball tournament. The hotel is only six minutes north of downtown Cedar Rapids. We were able to check-in late without a problem and the clerk on duty was A+ on helping with questions on where to eat with hungry teenagers in tow. Our room was clean and comfortable. There were enough pillows to sleep comfortably for me and for the teens to have a pillow fight. We were on the 3rd floor and didn't hear any noise at all from the highway. Breakfast was yummy and fresh with waffles, fruit, and coffee. The fireplace in the dining area was an extra comfy touch on cold morning. I enjoyed my coffee with the free newspaper, sitting in a sofa by the fire. The free wi-fi worked without a problem. The pool was open and was used by the teens in my party. There is a Mexican restaurant next door for dining which was a wonderful dining choice for our party.

All the staff were friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Cedar Rapids, IA.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank zuebee

Thank you for your compliments. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.
Our greatest compliment is for you to return to us for The Best Value UnderThe Sun. We hope to see you soon.
Pk

Reviewed October 28, 2010

Stayed here for 1 night with my dad while in town for a Cedar rapids kurrnals Baseball game nice people gale and dina are the best front desk clearks they go above and beyond to help you satyed augest 7th our room was very clean god a good rate 59.46 plus tax with a discount breakfast was good tost bagles danishes make your own waffels indoor pool was warm not cold like the uasully are all around a great value and i would not mind haveing to pay more $ for this place in very mutch worth it if your looking for a good value and a safe place with a very firendly staff then this is where you should stay i would highly recomend it to anyone in the Cedar Rapids area and i will stay here when traveling in the Cedar Rapids area

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank traveler1351
Reviewed October 7, 2010

Absolutely fantastic. I am traveling alone from out of state. Have never been to Iowa before. Did not know what to expect. Staying at Days Inn & Suites Cedar Rapids was a perfect introduction to Cedar Rapids. Staff is friendly and helpful. The entire hotel is spotless and bright and quiet, with amenities like a heated pool and exercise room, free WiFi in addition to another room with computers and printer (in case you don't have a laptop). Washer and dryer on the main floor. -- At one point, they were out of rooms when I wanted to stay an additional day. They went out of their way to open up another room, and were even apologetic when it was not their fault.
IMMEDIATE help if you need it. If you have any questions or concerns, the manager (PK) or someone else helps you immediately, and would not ask you to wait until later.
The entire hotel has an oasis feeling about it: lots of trees, plants, comforting decor. Very convenient to everything, yet outside of all the hubub.
VERY comfortable beds. Heated pool. Continental breakfast. More.
I don't stay in hotels often, but if I ever need to stay in a hotel, I will always consider Days Inn first. Wonderful experience. I actually hated leaving.
Just in case you might be suspicious, this is NOT a bogus review. I arrived in Cedar Rapids a week ago from the west coast, and did not know a soul here. I happened to drive past this Days Inn in my rental car, saw their sign, and called up to ask about rates. The rates were good, so I thought I'd give it a try.
And, as you can see, it was all great. Sometime in the future, once I get settled, I intend on going back and spending a night or two. Just for the heck of it.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank oblomov222
Reviewed September 19, 2010

What a fantastic place to stay in the middle of a freezing winter. With a heated pool and lovely accommodation including breakfast, you can't go wrong. This was one of our favourite hotels of all America. Excellent!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank SunshineCoastLee
Reviewed November 1, 2009

This is a nice hotel with a nice lobby and breakfast area. Our room had nice furnishings and was very clean. It had a comfortable mattress. The breakfast was great with a good selection of food items. There is a good Mexican Restaurant next door to the hotel, which was very good and well priced. Our only complaint was that the chair and ottoman in our room was soiled and when I mentioned it to the front desk on check out, they said they were in the process of cleaning them.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple