Motel 6 Cedar Rapids
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$80
Country Inn
$89
$85
Hotels.com
$81
HIExpress.com
Days Inn & Suites Cedar Rapids(Cedar Rapids)(Great Value!)
$78
$68
Quality Inn North(Cedar Rapids)(Great Value!)
$63
Hampton.com
$101
$74
Comfort Inn & Suites(Cedar Rapids)
$87
$74
Agoda.com
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I stayed at this motel 6 in June 2012. I stayed here because they are pet friendly. There is no pet fee! I was in town for a golf tournament and actually checked into the hotel next door. I was promised a lower rate the next morning and then the manger would not honor it..so I went next door and the staff was very friendly. So..we switched and found the room nicer than average. I wasnt expecting much..being a motel 6..but we were in a king size bed room with fridge and micro..it was newly renovated with hardwood floors. Very clean! There is a road that basically goes all around this exit..that has sidewalks for walking the dogs! You can't beat the value here! Room was very cheap for the week! There were some strange looking characters hanging in the parking lot at times..but had no problems!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank birdiegirl84
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I stay at motel 6 a lot and this one is great and friendly. Very clean and rooms are great. Employees are nice. The head housekeeper I believe her name was Blane she was so nice and went out of her way to helped my husband and I with our luggage. we will always stay here.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank brookielang
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I wanted something cheap and right off the highway, and thats what we got...nothing more, nothing less. I was initially very impressed until turning the lights on in the room, only to see several spots on the blanket. Needless to say we did not use it. The only other thing we didnt like were some of the sketchy guests but there isnt much the hotel can do about that. All in all, if you need a cheap, one night stop along your way, its not bad.

Room Tip: Request a 2nd floor room, we were nervous being on the 1st floor with some of the guests there that night.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Cheap, average, a bit smelly (nonsmoking room had leftover smoking smell), updated, but not terribly well. Staff good. Largish Motel 6, parking lot in the middle is busy 24/7, and called the front desk at 3am when two gentlemen (or thereabouts) were working their way up to a fight outside our room. The night desk woman shooed them off effectively, wow.

The cooling was not very effective, floor-wall unit that stratified, and would only keep a nice temperature while the fan was running. Of course, the fan stopped when the thermostat shut it off, and the ceiling to floor temperature difference was rather unpleasant.

The Perkins across the street offers 10% discount if you show your room key.

Workable, ok, nothing special, nothing too awful, either.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank retired_old_jj
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Its a Motel 6. It's exactly what you would expect of a Motel 6.

Its been renovated and is pleasant enough and the bed was surprisingly comfortable and firm.

I didn't appreciate workers doing renovation work early in the morning though.

Plenty of fast food options around.

Front desk staff was friendly.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo