“Very upsetting & disappointing!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cedar Rapids North
Ranked #21 of 36 Hotels in Cedar Rapids
Bettendorf, Iowa
“Very upsetting & disappointing!”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

My daughter and I had a complaint about a rude desk clerk. We were
informed by the manager that the desk clerk had worked there for
2 years without a complaint. He started yelling at us & my 3
grandchildren. He told us that he was going to invoke his right
to not serve us & asked us to leave the hotel. He then offered
to call the police to escort us all out. I was coming to enjoy my
brother’s wedding but had to deal with this unpleasantness.
The wedding party was all staying there. I have never in my
life been treated like that and asked to leave a hotel. Luckily
we found a nice hotel down the street.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Teron T, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cedar Rapids North, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
I am happy you found a hotel that better suited your needs.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Bettendorf, Iowa, United States
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Teron needs to learn some managerial skills. My mother and I had a complaint on the front desk clerk Brittany! When we explained to Teron what happened he told us Brittany had worked there for 2 years without a complaint. As a customer I don't care what her past record is, I just wanted to the manager to acknowledge that she was rude to us and to take ownership and apologize. Well instead of doing his job he started yelling at us and my 3 children under the age of 4 and told us that he was going to invoke his right to not serve us and asked us to leave the hotel. He then offered to call the police to escort my mother, my husband, my 3 small children and myself. I am absolutely flabergasted that he went to this extreme 1st of all. My uncle's weddding party was all staying in this hotel and now we would have to find another. Teron needs to take some classes on managing or find a new job. He obviously does not know how to handle customer complaints in a calm manner or with the correct actions. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone! What terrible employees!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
I am glad you found other accommodations that better suite your needs. As a rule of thumb once a guest swears at our employees and uses terms like idiot and psycho we no longer are comfortable with their presence at our property. We are very concious of the fact that credit cards are misused and stolen and that is why we didnt check someone into a room under a credit card that was not present at check in. We have this proceedure in place to protect the hotel and our guest. I'm sorry if you dont agree.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I stayed at the Hawthorn Suites in July 2012 for my family reunion. Although it was a little out of the way from where other family members were staying, I didnt mind. The hotel staff were super friendly and helpful whenever we needed help. My husband and I were traveling with my 1 year old and before I could request any special accommodations, the staff offered to send a crib and extra blankets to our room. The room was spacious with a VERY comfy bed and sleeper sofa. Super quiet surrounding and very clean hotel. We will definitely stay here again!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Teron T, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cedar Rapids North, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank You for all your kind words. In the future we would love to serve and host your future family reunions.