“Best Mac and cheese!”

Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Third St.
Description: Zins design is warm, welcoming, sophisticated. We bring you quality and creative food, different yet familiar, via the small-plates concept. Our state-of-the-art wine dispensing equipment allows us to offer twenty wines-by-the-glass. Our bottled-wine list is value-laden. Our beer list is compact but clever. Our mixologists enjoy crafting your drink, creative or classic, every bit as much as our culinary staff enjoys preparing your food.
Corning, New York, United States
“Best Mac and cheese!”
Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

We ate at Zins for Sunday brunch. Everyone ordered the 3 small plates for $16. Great value! I ordered the calamari, the crab cakes, and the shrimp and grits. The calamari was good, but nothing special. The crab cakes were made with wild rice and were served over a wonderful remoulade. The grits were the most disappointing. The shrimp were cooked perfectly, but the grits seemed more like just gravy. I got none of the grits texture in the dish. My husband ordered the Mac and cheese. That was one of the best I've had!! I would go back just for that dish! We also enjoyed the Bloody Mary choices! Service was excellent and friendly. We would eat here again!

• Visited January 2014

San Francisco, California
“Thank you!”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I have dined at Zin's the last two times while in town. I typically travel alone on business and while I enjoy a quiet dinner, I also appreciate feeling welcome. The Restaurants décor is lovely..... the people were so warm and made me feel welcome - they placed me in a nice little table and the manager or owner came to check on me twice. The food was yummy, the dessert even better! I will be back in May! Perhaps with some of my coworkers. Thank you Double Tree Hotel for telling me about Zins

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“The Endless Wait”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We arrived with more than 1 1/2 hours before our perfromance at the Paramount Theatre and after 50 minutes of waiting we asked where our food was. During that period of time we noticed the chef out in the floor of the dining room along with the manager/owner. What gives? It was clear that they did not plan on the theatre night with extra sous chef assistance and did not care about the response from the kitchen. In addition, my salmon was undercooked when it finaly arrived. We then had to bolt to the theatre in order to make the show. Pathetic performance and we will not be going back to this place ever again.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Atmosphere doesn't outweigh experience”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

After two pretty average experiences we had a group get together a couple months ago and dishes were a little better and my rib eye was extremely tasty. Recent trip was similar to my first two. During each visit I've enjoyed at least one dish that I really liked but for the most part it seems they prep their bland offerings well ahead of time versus freshly prepared for each order. I've given up trying to explain how to make a dirty martini. The final insult of every visit is the check. Their value equation is way off. If you want to pay fine dining prices then go to Winifred's, Cobble Hill, or head down to Linn Street Café in IC where you get what you pay for. Other options are heading to White Star across the street for better prices and a great bar with food equal or better.

Lakeland, Florida, United States
“Can I get a drink”
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

This is a very nice restaurant a block from the Double Tree. The food is great, lots of interesting items on the menu and the staff was very friendly but they have a severe case of ADD. We could not seem to keep drinks on the table. Huge loss of revenue and tips.

Visited November 2013