“Best restaurant in Cedar Rapids”
Review of Zins - CLOSED

Zins
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Third St.
Description: Zins design is warm, welcoming, sophisticated. We bring you quality and creative food, different yet familiar, via the small-plates concept. Our state-of-the-art wine dispensing equipment allows us to offer twenty wines-by-the-glass. Our bottled-wine list is value-laden. Our beer list is compact but clever. Our mixologists enjoy crafting your drink, creative or classic, every bit as much as our culinary staff enjoys preparing your food.
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We frequent Zins for lunch, Sunday brunch and dinner. All are recommended. Lunch is excellent and has a great, affordable price point. Why settle for a burger / fries for lunch? WIth two dishes and drink, $9 is a steal. The Sunday brunch is also our fave, even including the restaurants in Iowa City. For dinner the wine list is affordable, extensive and balanced. Try it Mikey!

Reviewed February 5, 2013

My husband and I love everything about Zins. You can come here with a group and havea semi private room, come for a business lunch as my husband has, or for a romantic date night. WE came here and chose 4 tapas, all were delicious. We had calamari, and I honestly can't remember the other 3 items but we loved them all, I really don't think you could go wrong with the menu. The price is a little bit more "big city" which we are used to, some people in CR might not be used to it but we love that it's local for us. The building is also just beautiful, we loved everything about our experience here. Service was great, and they will hang your coat for you in a closet as well.

1  Thank sspanther
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Zins is a tapas restaurant so go there expecting smaller portions. I recommend their lunch which includes two choices and a soda. The best option without question is the macaroni and cheese. The atmosphere is exceptional and so is the food.

1  Thank kmbrown021393
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I visited Zins with my lovely bride of 29 years during a recent marriage conference. The atmosphere is very airy and inviting. They make a great Manhattan with cranberries as garnish. The menu is made up of several "small portions". I generally am more of the Clancy's Tavern crowd than the fine dining club, however the staff at Zins made us feel at home and welcome. They explained their concept and selections. All the food was great. I enjoyed their approach to dining and would go back when I can. The prices are fair and in line with the menu. Recommend for all occasions.

1  Thank Hobnail
Reviewed November 18, 2012

The atmosphere was nice and the food was good. The only problem is that you will leave hungry! I have only been here at lunch time and they always have a nice selection Iowa themed food to chose

1  Thank dbahnsen