“Attentive and caring staff!”

The Hotel at Kirkwood Center
Ranked #1 of 36 Hotels in Cedar Rapids
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 20, 2014

During a business stay I suffered a severe migraine (not a typical ailment for me); the front desk staff and manager made me an ice pillow (vacuum packed bag of ice WITH a head dip in the middle!) to offer aid.

Each staff member genuinely asked if I was ok the next day - was wonderful to feel cared for away from home.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Britt Y
Lee B, General Manager at The Hotel at Kirkwood Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2014

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to review your recent stay at The Hotel at Kirkwood Center. I am glade to hear you were able to experience our world class hospitality.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again at our world class learning laboratory. Again, thank you for your review and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 319-848-8708.

There are newer reviews for The Hotel at Kirkwood Center

Reviewed July 16, 2014

I thought this hotel was nice. I didn't notice anything extra-special about it, just that it is a little pricey. We didn't pay regular price because we were included on a group rate, but $400 for a regular night would not be in our budget. I didn't think there was anything super special about it that it should cost that much. THe staff was always polite, and everything was very clean. The doors slam really loud, and I could always hear when the neighboring rooms ran their plumbing. There isn't a pool, and there wasn't a fridge in the room. Other than that it is great! We didn't eat at the restaurant, so I don't know what that's like.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Lee B, General Manager at The Hotel at Kirkwood Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Dear Guest. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on your recent stay with us. I appreciate you taking the time to tell us how your stay went. The card located on the back of all of our guest room doors that notes the $400 price for the room you stayed in is required by state law and reflects the maximum amount anyone will pay to stay in that room type. This card does not reflect our typical guest room prices. We pride ourselves on providing excellent service to our guests. I am glad to hear you were able to experience our great service. The staff and I look forward to having you as our guest again soon.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

I stayed at the Kirkwood on business for one night, 6/24/14. I had dinner and breakfast at the Class Act Restaurant. The price/value at the Kirkwood can't be beat. Do not hesitate to stay here. You won't be disappointed. The room product is superb. The menu selection and service was top notch.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank STC
Reviewed June 23, 2014

This hotel is exquisitely designed and outfitted. Our room looked brand new. It is part of the hospitality arts department at Kirkwood Community College. It is likely the graduates will never work in as fine a hotel as they first trained in. I have stayed in the Plaza, the Waldorf, and many others of comparable reputation and this really stacks up with them. There are lots of full-time professionals on staff here so do not let the student part deter you.

Room Tip: The back side of the hotel (west) is away from the parking lot and looks off to the far ridge line.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Willco
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We stayed two nights at the Kirkwood for a wedding. The service was excellent! The rooms are comfortable and very clean. Only two negatives, no mini refrigerator in some of the rooms and no swimming pool. The food was excellent and the lobby is spacious and relaxing.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Amy M
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Great experience! Staff was great, food was good. Very nice clean rooms!!! Will definitely be coming back. I was here on business and the meeting facilities were wonderful. Everyone was very professional.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 2, 2014

This was an elegant experience. Ulta Modern, green and all around beautiful hotel. Check in was fast and easy. Food was elegant, presentation awesome. Decor appealing and service on top.

I will certainly stay on a return trip Kirkwood College students were great.

Room Tip: There is no pool Our corner room on the 4th floor was awesome.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family