“Memorible experience was had by all:”

The Hotel at Kirkwood Center
Ranked #1 of 37 Hotels in Cedar Rapids
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 2, 2014

This was an elegant experience. Ulta Modern, green and all around beautiful hotel. Check in was fast and easy. Food was elegant, presentation awesome. Decor appealing and service on top.

I will certainly stay on a return trip Kirkwood College students were great.

Room Tip: There is no pool Our corner room on the 4th floor was awesome.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Linda B

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Hadnever been to Cedar Rapids before and relatives we were visiting recommended this hotel. Glad they did! Simple, clean design, excellent bed and bath and, always important to me, QUIET.
Didn't have a great deal of interaction with staff, but what there was was pleasant and the bartenders in the lounge area were especially so.

One suggestion: the photo we saw for our room type (king bed) showed two arm-chairs, but our room had only one, plus the desk chair. As we tend to read late into the night, it's always nice to have two comfortable chairs with decent lighting.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2014

We were nervous to seemingly be so far from downtown Cedar Rapids. It turned out it was not so far nor was it so desirable to stay in the city of either five or seven smells.
When we checked into the hotel we could not have asked for a better experience. The woman remembered everything we said, lived up to every statement she made and started us off to a terrific experience. The rooms are beautiful. The curtains, carpet, furniture are all very high design.
The linens and towels were excellent quality, the air conditioning very quiet and the television state of the art. The view from our rooms were of the beautiful rolling hills of Iowa. I have very high standards. This was an excellent hotel. I could not have asked for more. The price was a little higher than I expected but well worth the money. The meal we had at Class Act, the hotel restaurant, was very enjoyable with excellent food and service.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank 2013traveler
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Everytime I travel to visit my daughter at the University of Iowa I stay at the Kirkwood Hotel. The food at the Class Act is very good, the rooms are very clean and the staff is wonderful! The decor is simple and attractive. They even drove and dropped me in Iowa City. The only downside would be the location depending on where you are going. With that said I do not mind getting on the freeway and driving the 20 minutes to get to Iowa City, the hotel is that nice. Even though most of the staff is learning the hotel business they are very attentive to everything, they want to please.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

I was working at the Iowa Equestrian Center at a horse show and this hotel was booked for me. I was extremely happy to find what a lovely hotel it was when I arrived. I really like the sleek and simply decor with pops of red in the lobby and the theme is carried throughout the hotel. The rooms are spacious and equipped with modern features such as lights that turn on when you enter. The staff was accommodating even in a tough situation (I had an issue with a package being delivered from the post office). Not sure if I'll ever be back to the area but if I do I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Allo602
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

Stayed two nights at the The Hotel Kirkwood for a horse show. The rooms are very nice and spacious. The bed linens are nice. The bathroom is pretty large and has nice fixtures. The whole place is clean. The lobby is nice and the staff is very polite. There is free wifi throughout the hotel. My only complaint is that the restaurant and bar service is pretty slow.they seem to be understaffed for these services. I've been to this hotel 3 other times, and used their banquet facilities in the past. Overall it is the best hotel in the area.

Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Cord-69
Lee B, Manager at The Hotel at Kirkwood Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

Dear Cord-69-

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property.

Your feedback is important to us as we strive to meet all guest expectations. We take all input, good or bad, seriously as it helps us improve daily.

I apologize for the lapse in service you experienced at our restaurant and bar. I will address this issue with our staff personally to ensure we are providing prompt service to all of our guests.

We hope that you will join us again for future visits to our area.

Best,

Reviewed May 11, 2014

We stayed for one night in a corner room on the third floor, facing north, overlooking green pastures and horses grazing. The room was immaculate and the design and decor were beautiful. The hotel is 4 years old, I believe, but everything looked brand new. We did not try any of the restaurants, but there was a tantalizing aroma as we walked in. We were told there was a very large wedding reception being held and the hotel was almost sold out, but we didn't hear a sound. The floor to ceiling windows were wonderful! The beds had down comforters with triple sheets and were especially comfortable.

There is no pool, but we would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family