“WOW!!!!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Winnipeg, MB
“WOW!!!!”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

My only regret about this hotel is that I could not stay longer. Arrived at 11:30 pm and called for the car service from the hotel - black town car showed up and sped me the short distance to the hotel where the front desk person had my room key ready. I just loved the room - large and modern, decorated in black, white and red. The bathroom was pretty spectacular - marble and glass shower - with good toiletries. The next morning I ordered room service ($8 for eggs and bacon plus delicious fruit) which arrived 5 minutes early (love that), delivered by two lovely young women.
I was speaking at a conference at the hotel at 8 am so did not eat any of the continental breakfast provided for the meeting - but the muffins looked amazing. And as soon as I finished my presentation it was off to the airport - hence my sadness at not staying longer.
I don't think I will be back in Cedar Rapids any time soon - but I almost wish I would be just to stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Dubuque, Iowa
Reviewed September 7, 2012

My family loved this hotel and the beds and linens were the most comfortable of any hotel we have ever stayed at. Very quiet and peaceful and beautiful modern design. Staff was extremely pleasant and our breakfast in the restaurant was wonderful. They were easily able to accomodate our food allergies. If you need to be in Cedar Rapids, Mt. Vernon or Iowa City this is definitely the place to be.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Des Moines, IA
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Our group stayed here again this year and enjoyed everything. The decor is modern, the staff is really helpful. It was just as good as a year ago - not a thing slipped. There was our banquet and a wedding across the hall. Our banquet staff was top notch and didn't miss a thing. The food was delicious. The chocolate cake was unimaginably delicious!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Montreal
Reviewed July 26, 2012

This is the best hotel I’ve ever been for business. The rooms are clean and nice, the hotel staff is excellent, and service was great since day 1. Modern, meeting rooms are very comfortable. One of the best things about this hotel is that some departments are run by students of the technical school of the hotel. I’ve been in other hotels run by “professionals” and they are not service/customer oriented. Since you arrive you receive excellent and real professional service.
The only “problem” is that this hotel is in the middle of a cornfield… I mean is not in Cedar Rapids downtown, but for my next trip to Cedar Rapids no doubts I’ll book this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Iowa
Reviewed July 25, 2012

This hotel is operated in conjunction with the nearby Kirkwood Community College Hospitality program but you would never know that by the quality of service they provide.

We live close to the hotel but I have always wanted to stay there because of how nice it looks. The staff was very courteous and professional, and the room was very nice and clean, although our view was not great as it overlooked a large parking lot used for Kirkwood's Truck Driving Program.

We also ate at the on-site restaurant, "The Class Act" and it was very good.

It is a little over 3 miles away from the Eastern Iowa Airport, so if you are in the mood for something more upscale than the nearby chain hotels, give The Hotel at Kirkwood Center a try, it is worth it.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Hixson, Tennessee
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I would recommend this hotel to even the most discriminating traveler.

Room Tip: Any room in this hotel is outstanding, but of course it is pretty new. It is unique in that it is pa...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
USA
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We recently stayed two nights. Nice rooms. I've never seen a hotel that provides a black wash cloth with the words "makeup remover" stitched on it! Cool. The first night we had a minor issue with our room. Management moved us. The next day after being out all day, the air in our room didn't work. Moved again. Through it all the staff was responsive and helpful. We stayed in rooms with king size beds. Plenty of room for us.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple