“Lovely hotel”

GreenLeadersGold level
Berkley, Michigan
“Lovely hotel”
Reviewed September 21, 2011

Stayed one night for business. This is a new and modern hotel and had nice touches even before I got there. The "airport shuttle" was a town car, not some broken down van, which was nice and unexpected. The people at the front desk knew who I was when I walked in. The rooms are good sized, clean and contemporary. Bathroom is all done in gray marble and has nice amenities. Single serve coffee maker was easy to use (and I gave it quite a workout!). And the beds...SUPER comfy, I slept great and would have stayed in it longer if I could have!

We had lunch in the restaurant, salads, and they were very delicious. Everyone I interacted with was pleasant. The only drawback was that there was no on-site gym; there is one at the connected school, but i didn't have a chance to look into it. Overall, I wish I had more occasions to visit Cedar Rapids and stay here!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Addy83

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Des Moines, IA
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Stayed here overnight this year for the second time. Both times we had a sit-down dinner for an event - the Lincoln Highway Association ride across Iowa every August. This hotel is beautifully decorated in a contemporary style, clean, spacious. The whole enterprise is a class act.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank itsme018
San Francisco Bay Area
Reviewed August 23, 2011

Walking in the front door I was immediately struck by the interior of the entryway. I thought I must have somehow jumped to Copenhagen or Stockholm.

This is a fantastic hotel / conference center. I also experienced the use of meeting rooms and catered meals. Had assistance from the AV team for projectors, conference phones etc... All first class service!!

I'd rather this hotel with any I have stayed at in cities like Copenhagen, Stockholm, Shanghai, you name it.

Add on top of this a very very competitive price point.....FANTASTIC!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank kh57ca
Reviewed August 16, 2011

I travel frequently and when I travel for pleasure I stay at nice places, e.g. Four seasons or ritz or Marriott in small towns. A friend recommended this place over the Marriott so I decided to be adventurous. It is new, clean, fantastic all around. Service is awesome. Food was outstanding. Incredible value. Don't stay elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank Itsamystery
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed August 13, 2011

I stayed here on a business trip and wished I could stay longer. The hotel is impeccable -- a little bit of NYC boutique next to a corn field. The room was lush and comfy. Even though I was next to the elevators, I heard nothing from their proximity.

The service is so good that it is almost over the top. When I just wanted to purchase a piece of fruit from the lobby snack bar, the server accommodated me with a fresh fruit cup from the restaurant. Room service was extraordinarily value-priced and delicisious. It came hot and with a pleasant delivery. I think my entire dinner only cost $17!

This is a teaching facility, adjacent to Kirkwood Community College's culinary arts department. Clearly, the faculty seek to train their students in the utmost of customer service. I would come back to Cedar Rapids just to stay in this hotel again.

My only complaint has less to do with the hotel as it does with the weekend clientele. A wedding party and its many guests were staying there and were boisterous in the hallway, right across from my room upon departing for the wedding, in the late evening, and then upon return at 2 a.m. The hotel may consider segregating business and pleasure guests in the future.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank mji2003
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 23, 2011

We stayed here just one night, and I wished I could have extended our stay to keep enjoying this hotel! I didn't know what to expect, but it was recommended by my daughter, currently a Coe College student. I wasn't sure if it would be too far away from visiting her at Coe, but it wasn't...plus it was the best hotel in the area I have ever stayed in! The beds (0ne of the most comfortable beds ever, and so were the pillows!) , the room (which was larger than a typical hotel room), the bathroom (again, a nice big size), the welcoming in and checking out... me and my family felt like we were staying at the Ritz!!! I can't wait to return!!

Room Tip: Call direct to book
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank labtechs1
Midwest USA
Reviewed July 4, 2011

We stayed at Hotel Kirkwood during the 4th Holiday. It was outstanding! Clean, modern, efficient. The hotel is just off I-380 and Highway 30 - a few minutes from downtown. The hotel is new, clean and luxurious. Beds were comfortable and the rooms were spotless. Very European flavor. We ate at the "Class Act" Restaurant for dinner and breakfast. Both were exceptional - fresh ingredients and very competitive prices. This is a real gem in the area - we'll definitely be back when we stay in town again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family