“Do not stay here”

Ranked #4 of 36 Hotels in Cedar Rapids
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Do not stay here”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

This was the worst hotel experience I have ever had. I needed an extended stay hotel for myself and my 3 children during a move to Cedar Rapids. The daily housekeeping was not just not up to par, it was virtually non-existent. Trash would not be emptied, counters not wiped, sofa bed not put back, linens not changed after 3 weeks. This, despite multiple complaints. The housekeeping staff then became vindictive. Comforters were taken off the beds for 4 days. At first, I assumed this was for cleaning. When they weren't replaced, I called and politely asked if they could be replaced the next day. They said they would. The next night, I again called and asked why they weren't there. I was told they would not be returned because "there were dirty diapers all over the beds." My youngest child was 5 , and he did wear absorbent underwear at night because he has a rare episode of nightime incontinence. I was doing the hotel a favor having him wear them, and they were rarely wet. I threw them away every morning. Maybe once a dry one was inadvertently left on the bed on a morning when I was rushed to get to work. I was so offended, I moved out that night. We froze for 4 nights, and the hotel maids seem to run the show. I asked if the maids made this decision or the manager. The hotel staff claimed it was a management decision. If so, the manager should have looked at the room herself and would've seen the claim was not accurate. She also should have informed me. Instead, she chose to shame a 5 year old child unnecessarily. Shame on them. I will never stay at another Hilton.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
HotelmanagerCR, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Cedar Rapids North, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
First of all, thank you for posting your candid feedback of your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet expectations and I am actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure our standards of cleanliness and comfort are consistently met. I apologize that we were not able to meet your expectations of us. Cleanliness and good housekeeping practices are always some of our top priorities. Thank you again for your feedback.

Best Regards,
Andrea Andrews

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Anaheim, United States
Reviewed September 14, 2013

The rooms are spacious and the full kitchen is a big plus. We also enjoyed having two televisions so that everyone could enjoy their own TV viewing. The front desk staff were some of the most polite, professional and efficient I have encountered. Check in and check out was a breeze and they were very helpful when I misplaced my room access card. This was my second stay at this hotel and I would not hesitate to staff here again.

Marion
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Very clean,nice and comfortable rooms. Staff is very freindly. Compimentary breakfast was awesome, alot of food to choose from. Would diffently stay there again. We didn't get the chance to use the pool, but it looked very nice.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Junction City, United States
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I would expect a breakfast area to be open before 7AM. Since we had to leave by 7 we were left to purchase food somewhere off property. If I am paying a higher cost for a nice room there should be no hair to be found in the shower- except mine! I was disappointed for the amount of money we spent.

Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stayed here for 15 nights on a business trip. My room was very nice, new, clean and quite. I could not hear a lot of noise from the hall way or other rooms. The maid service was wonderful.
They serve dinner on week nights, the food is ok. Free breakfast is normal hotel breakfast. The staff was very friendly and the ammenities adequate. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Stonewall, United States
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I enjoyed my stay in Cedar Rapids, IA at the Homewood Suites. The atmosphere was great! I was there on business, I did not have to endure loud noise at night! I would recommend the Homewood Suites, this was the second time that I have stayed at one and I am sure to make a repeat visit.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Englewood, NJ, United States
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Very welcoming with our rooms setup for easiest check-in I've experienced upon late arrival. All the good things I've come to expect from several years experience staying at Homewood Suites in the Midwest and Northeast for both business and pleasure.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business