“Excellent service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 36 Hotels in Cedar Rapids
Lawrence, Kansas
“Excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

I travel a lot and prefer Hilton brand hotels. This is one of the best. During my stay, everything was top notch. The room, which included a kitchenette, was spotless, roomy and very comfortable. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. The facility is up to date - no stained or worn carpets, and easy parking and access.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank ed-dest
JeanneCedarRapids, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Cedar Rapids North, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
I am pleased that you had an excellent stay and thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on TripAdvisor. We work hard to remain a top scoring Homewood Suites and it is nice to know when people notice.

Jeanne Cole

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Southaven, Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

We stayed here in October. Overall a great value. Good location near Collins or Blair's Ferry. It was very clean - about what one would expect for a Homewood Suites. The service was very good as well. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you! I will pass on your nice comments to the staff, and thank you for the recommendations!

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

stayed here and was impressed. the hotel is clean, the staff was freindly and the complmentery managers snack was got enough for me to eat and skip dinner all together. I would certainly stay here again if I am ever back in cedar rapids.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites in Cedar Rapids and for taking the time to write such nice comments, we do hope to see you again soon in the future.

Littleton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

My husband and I stayed in Cedar Rapids while attending his mother's 80th birthday celebration, October 25-27, 2012. There were eight other family members who stayed there also. Everyone had a great time and thought our rooms were clean, spacious and comfortable. This was a return visit for us.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
JeanneCedarRapids, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Cedar Rapids North, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you Deb for the taking the time to write a nice review of our property. I'm glad your family had a great weekend and enjoyed our spacious suites. It is nice to have the extra room for family events. I hope we get to host your family again in the future.

Anchorage, Alaska
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

We have stayed here many times while visiting our daughter who attends college in the area. We have always been pleased with our stays. However, this last trip disappointed us due to a dishonest staff. I realized after we checked out that I had left behind a jacket in our room. Upon remembering it, I immediately called the front desk. They contacted housekeeping and confirmed it had been found in the room. I was told it would be left at the front desk. We had already left town but my daughter is a student at college there and she offered to pick it up. When she picked it up, a piece of costume jewelry (gold heart-shaped) that had been pinned on, was not there. It was not an expensive piece of jewelry but was given to me by my daughter when she was little as she thought it was beautiful, so to me it was priceless. It is always worn on the jacket and never removed and has a clasp on it that would not allow it to fall off. In other words, it would have to be removed by someone. Anyway, my daughter noticed the pin was no longer on the jacket, brought it to the attention of the front desk clerk and pointed out the pin holes where it had been. The front desk person told us it had been removed and placed somewhere for safe keeping and the manager would call the next day. The manager did not call the next day. I called and left a message. Again, I never received a call from the general manager so I called again. The general manager said the pin was not on on the jacket when turned in to her and the housekeeper that found it said it was not on there when she picked it up. I asked her about the desk clerk's comment about the pin being removed for safekeeping, however, she said that was not the case. If there was any doubt that the pin was not on my jacket when I left, I would not have replied negatively to this review. But, I know it was. We have stayed at this location many times when we come visit our daughter at college. I was very disappointed, especially considering it was less than 24 hours from the time we checked out until my daughter came to claim the jacket. The hotel, itself, is wonderful - clean, spacious, good location, etc. but a dishonest staff is something I will not tolerate. I will not be staying there again for this reason and will not recommend this hotel to other family members that stay there while visiting.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Ms AkMarlow,
First let me say thank you for the wonderful compliments on our hotel. We do work very had to maintain our spacious suites. I am very sorry about the loss of the pin from your jacket. We have looked very hard for the pin and will continue to do so.

Ankeny, Iowa, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary. We were pleased with our stay. The room was clean and contemporary. The room had more than we expected - pans, dishes, a dishwasher, stovetop...pretty much anything you needed if you wanted to cook. The room was spacious with nice finishes. The breakfast was great. Definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about our property. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and thank you in advance for your recommendations. I will pass your nice comments on the the staff.

Cedar Rapids, IA
Perry
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

We were attending a wedding needed a place for the cake, had a place for it
We had to change to bigger room, day of wedding and the hotel made that possible so we could get ready for wedding in plenty of time.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
pwhit68 Perry
1 review “Helping out”
Reviewed October 5, 2012 We were attending a wedding needed a place for the cake, had a place for it

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

I am so glad that we were able to help you out during your recent trip to Cedar Rapids and I'm very happy that you enjoyed your stay at the Homewood. Thank you for taking the time to let us know!

Cedar Rapids, IA