Homewood Suites by Hilton Cedar Rapids North
$81
HIExpress.com
$103
$99
Days Inn & Suites Cedar Rapids(Cedar Rapids)(Great Value!)
$68
Quality Inn North(Cedar Rapids)(Great Value!)
$63
Hampton.com
Comfort Inn & Suites(Cedar Rapids)
$77
$74
Agoda.com
$74
Travelocity
All reviewsfull kitchenliving roomhome away from homeplace to stayin townrooms are spaciouswaffle makerstaff was friendlyexcellent staywould highly recommend this hotelexcellent hotelnice roomwould definitely stay here againbusiness tripindoor poolfree breakfastdishwasher
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 25, 2011

This Homewood is less than a year old, the staff is friendly, the rooms are nice and it is very quiet. Would recommend it for business or pleasure.

Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 24, 2011

Very comfortable room. The full-sized fridge, microwave, dishwasher, plates and metal flatware were very useful. The morning breakfast was palatable as a quick snack but I wouldn't rely on it if you enjoy morning meals. My fiancée lamented the lack of cream for coffee at breakfast, but if you like it black it's not undrinkable (no worse than the Panera nearby).

WiFi worked, but your device needs a web browser because of the way they configured it. The front-desk service was very friendly and helpful. When my fiancée pulled what was apparently the only expired Starbucks brand coffee and cream out of the case, the clerk was very apologetic and quickly offered a replacement (she went back and checked while we were waiting on the rest of our party, and it was the only outdated one).

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 11, 2011

I have been in hotels on business trips all over the United States. My company has put me up in 5 star hotels priced upwards of $500 a night. I slept better at this hotel. The full kitchen is much appreciated. It was very clean. Staff was very friendly and helpful. For every question I asked that Amy (the lovely lady at the front desk) could not answer, she would pick up the phone and get me an answer instantly. The hotel offers breakfast and dinner which I appreciate immensely. Hanging out at the bar in Chili's (the closest resaurant and bar), I found out that another company was putting up their employees for $250 a night, and the guy was complaining that he had to keep his beer in a trash can and running down the hall for ice several times a day :-) I had a very cold refridgerator to keep mine in (if I had any beer).

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 10, 2011

Everything about this hotel is wonderful! It opened in August 2010, and they've done many things well here.

As a solo traveler, I booked a studio king suite. It was quite spacious.

The kitchen includes a full-sized refrigerator; a two burner, electric stove; a dishwasher; a microwave; and a sink -- and all the necessary plates, cups, silverware, cookware, and whatnot to make your food, if you're so inclined. A nice table with two chairs is adjacent to the kitchen.

The TV was gorgeous -- the usual flat screen, but with HD and digital. Stunning.

The king bed was heavenly. I got a great night's sleep. The pillows were just right, for a change. Most hotels get the cheapest pillows they can find, but not here. Thank you, Homewood!

The bathroom was very nice: a walk-in shower (no tub) that was roomy, and a great shower head that was plenty high. In fact, if you're short (I'm 5'10"), you might have trouble reaching the shower head to adjust it -- but usually it's the opposite, and the showed head is too low!

Breakfast was very nice, as well -- the "lodge" was spacious, and airy, and the offerings were great. The choices included wo different kinds of scrambled eggs, with hash browns and sausages available; three kinds of cereal, plus hot oatmeal; four kinds of coffee; OJ and two kinds of milk; plenty of choices in the "toast" department (bagel, muffin, toast, etc.). And it was all clean and well-tended.

I had a light out in my room, and the desk clerk was very helpful in both procuring a replacement and helping get it in -- the clearance wasn't very big, so it was trickier than you'd think!

The only difficulty I had was with the internet access. I tried both the wireless wi-fi and the wired access, and my gmail kept cutting out. Other web access didn't seem to be affected, so I can't tell you whether it was something specific with the hotel's ISP and Google, or not. It worked, it was just annoying to have it log me off at random intervals.

The only other odd thing was that the elevators were at the ends of the hallways, as far from the front desk as you could make them. If you had a room in the middle of the hotel on the upper floors, you would have had to walk to either end of the building, take the elevator (or stairs) up, then walk back to the middle to your room. My room was on the end; once I parked my car outside the nearby exit, it was quite convenient, but checking in at the end of a long day made for a tiring walk.

Still, those don't count against the stay, which was simply magnificent.

No, I don't work for Homewood, or Hilton. But I'm enthusiastic about this hotel. I highly recommend the Homewood Suites - Cedar Rapids North. I know that I'll be staying there the next time I'm in Cedar Rapids!

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the elevators.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed April 5, 2011

... is how they market the place, and it is very comfortable. Staff are very friendly and helpful. The hotel is brand new and thus very clean and comfortable. The rooms are spacious with a lounge separate from the bedroom and a small kitchen with a large fridge freezer. there is a good breakfast in the morning and a small buffet dinner between 5pm and 7 mon to thurs in the lobby. There is an inviting small swimming pool and a decent gym room. You can even leave a shopping list and the hotel will get your groceries for you. The location is very convenient, minutes form everything in Cedar Rapids. I was delighted with my stay here.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business