“horrible hampton inn”

Hampton Inn & Suites Cedar Rapids - North
Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Cedar Rapids
Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

I was very disappointed in this hampton inn. The girl who checked me in at night when I was tired from driving was very very nice other than that the hotel sucks. I have stayed at hamptons a lot because I will not stay somewhere that is not bleach smelling clean and i usually love the beds. I thought this property was new but the rooms are nothing nice and special at all i got a suite just so I could have a fridge which most hamptons have in every room. although i think everyone must book those to get a fridge if they are the same price...it had an odd setup where the tv is in the center and bed and couch off to the sides the suite was the size of a regular room and just a horrible setup, the tile connected to the carpet had stabbing pieces that hurt if you walked barefoot whoch most people do from the bathroom. I was so desparate for sleep I just cared that it was clean but other hamptons are wayy more comfortable and cleaner. I wish I wasnt so tired from driving because I would have stayed somewhere else. the hotel was not full at all but every room around me was booked probably because they were suites and apparently the rotten rude people around me got the rooms so they could party...even though I wanted a quite room for over 100 dollars to sleep I got the loudest room ive ever stayed in its not worth over 100 dollars at all there are much better hotels for that price... people banged doors and talked loud in the hallway right outside my door knocking on doors right next to mine randomlly until 3 am plus the running and pounding from the ceiling above my bed kept me up I was so mad. I had a wedding in the morning to be in and needed sleep really bad I felt like crap in the morning and will never ever ever stay her again. If the hotel isn't full its best to put loud drunk trashy people away from people who need sleep or need someone watching the floors and telling them to shut up or get kicked out. It's not fair to people who are paying a good chunck of money to get a good nights sleep. Then when I checked out, the lady at the front did not ask how my stay was and was not friendly or like other hampton workers. Do not stay at this hotel if you want sleep or are expecting the usual nice hampton.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank waves28
Gary S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cedar Rapids - North, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

I would like to apologize that you did not receive the qualty and service you expected while staying at our hotel. All of our suites include a refrigerator, microwave and pull-out couch. We do have a limited number of refrigerators that, if available, we would be more than happy to accomodate any guest who requests one. We work very hard to ensure all of our guests are satisfied during their stay. Next time you stay please contact the front desk with any concerns you may have so we may have the opportunity to remidy the situation for you. Again, please accept my apology that your stay with us was anything less than excellent. I do hope you give us another opportunity to show you the quality and service you expect and deserve while staying in our hotel.

Best regards

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Stopped here on May 25 on our way to South Dakota. Check in was quick and easy. The room was very adequate for the one night stay. Pillows were on the soft side but we found that the case for almost all of the hotels we stayed at. Bed was comfortable. Check-in staff were able to recommend a local place for dinner. Breakfast the next morning was the typical hot breakfast for a Hampton; thumbs up from the teenager in the group so good.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank StephPlum2
Gary S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cedar Rapids - North, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Thanks for reviewing our hotel. I am glad to get the thumbs up from the teenager for the breakfast!! If you stay with us again in the future, please let us know if the pillows are too soft and we will try to find some that are more to your liking. Safe travels and thanks again!!

Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

Stayed twice for single nights within two weeks in May.

Positives: quick, friendly, check-in; clean, fairly attractive room w/good lighting and extensive cable TV offerings; great shower w/basketball-player shower head height; Neutrogena toiletries; towels you'd be fine with at home; soft bed, pillows, and comforter (if you like a softer bed); better than average breakfast ( not "to order" omelettes, but good fresh fruit, bagels, hot mcmuffin-like "bagel toppers", good yogurt); good safe suburban location; clean, attractive common areas.

Not so positives: kind of noisy cooling system (would go off and on all night, could feel air flow when on even from far away - recommend setting unit on "low cool vs. max cool"); bathroom "fan" that May have been a decorative vent; lobby coffee nothing to brag about.

Didn't see or use pool/fitness area.

No major complaints with this above-average Hampton property. Would return.

Stayed: June 2014
Gary S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cedar Rapids - North, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Thanks for writing a review of our hotel! I am sorry for the problems you had with a noisy a/c unit in your room. If that happens again during a stay with us, please let us know what room number you were in so we can fix the problem. As for the bathroom fan, yes it is real and does work. It is on a contiuous loop through the building, so it is always on and working without having to be turned on by our guests. Hope to see you again the next time you are in town!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

The staff is fantastic, the rooms and hotel are clean. The staff at the hotel is willing to bend over backwards to accommodate your requests. I have stayed at this hotel numerous times and the experience has always been the over the fantastic.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Gary S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cedar Rapids - North, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Thanks for the review! I am glad you enjoy your stays at our hotel! I see you scored us a little lower in sleep quality. Since you come to our hotel frequently, please let us know next time you are at the hotel what we can do to help improve sleep quality for you! See you next time you are in Cedar Rapids!!

Reviewed May 25, 2014

This particular Hampton provided the type of experience one would expect, or at least hope to get, when staying at a hotel. The room was clean; the food was good; and the staff were all very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Gary S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cedar Rapids - North, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Thank you for your review. I am glad everything was to your liking. We hope to see you again when you are in the area!!

Reviewed May 24, 2014

This motel sits back off the freeway so you need a gps to find. Check-in was fast. I booked online as we were driving and she had everything ready for me when I walked in the door. The rooms were nice but the bed just wasn't as comfortable as other Hamptons. The breakfast wasn't the best. They only had turkey sausage and no regular sausage and the waffles weren't the best. Alot of fast food restaurants around the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Thanks for the review. It is true that our hotel sits back off the main street of Collins Road. GPS or calling the hotel for directions is how most guests locate us. Being set back off the main street does have the benefit of less noise at night when trying to sleep. For breakfast we try to not have the same food served during a 4 day period. We do have turkey sausage, pork patties, maple sausage and bacon. Next time you stay with us, you can always inquire of front desk about the menu for breakfast. If there is an item you would prefer, just let the desk clerk know and we will try out best to accomodate. Hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed May 23, 2014

This room is across from the pool and housekeeping's room and is very noisy. You will get very little sleep if you get this room. I will say that the breakfast was good and the staff kept all the food dishes full. Every day there was a different main dish to choose from which was good.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks for reviewing us. I do apologize for the noise problems during your stay. On weekends our pool and spa do get a lot of use, and with kids comes some degree of excitedness and noise. We do close the pool and spa at 10pm every night to keep the noise level down for guests trying to sleep. Housekeeping is closed at night and unless someone needed extra towels or pillows, there should be no one going in and out of that room. Since your stay we have had maintenance address the loud door to housekeeping so that wont be a problem for future guests. I am glad you liked the breakfast. We do try to cycle the food we serve on a 4 day rotation so that guests staying for up to 4 nights dont have a repeat of the main dishes of scrambled eggs, omelets, sausages and bacon. For the kids we often add french toast sticks on the weekends which are often a big hit. Again I am sorry for the noise problem.