“Cedar Rapids Hampton”

Hampton Inn & Suites Cedar Rapids - North
Ranked #2 of 36 Hotels in Cedar Rapids
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Clean hotel with great breakfast, excellent internet connection, and modern well-kept rooms. I really liked that coffee was available in the lobby at anytime of day. Also, the beds were very comfortable and I slept great. I definitely had a good experience staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Stayed 2 nights here, and the hotel was a good example of this brand--well-trained and prompt desk staff, good breakfast, good room layout, comfortable beds, etc. Pool is a nice size for a quick swim (if it's not overrun with children), and the fitness room was clean and well-maintained. There was quite a bit of hallway noise my first night (a Saturday), but Sunday night was quiet. I could hear my neighbor's loud phone call through the bathroom ventilation system once, but otherwise, the room was quiet, and shutting the bathroom door fixed that noise issue. Shower head is super high, which is nice if you're tall--if you're under 5'4", you probably won't be able to reach it.

Large desk, easy-to-access speedy internet, and an easy drive to nearby restaurants or to the downtown area mean that I would likely stay here again on future trips.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Hotel is not difficult to find. Check in was easy and fast. For the most part the room was clean and inviting. The only thing I didn't like was finding some hairs in the shower from the previous guest.

Pros: Bed was very comfortable, staff was friendly and not overbearing. They remembered my Hilton Honors extras which doesn't always happen. Cookies in the lobby during the afternoon were yummy. Lobby and eating area were spotless.

Cons: there not much choice of restaurants, etc within walking distance. (Of course if you have a vehicle available this wouldn't be an issue.). As mentioned before, I found stray hairs in the shower, which wasn't too appealing.

I didn't use the fitness center so I cant comment on that. And I only ate breakfast once during my stay. It was ok, but certainly not something I made a point to get the others days I stayed there.

Overall, I would likely stay again and I would recommend it.

Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I've stayed several times at the Hampton in Cedar Rapids. The facility is still a good place to stay, and the staff are very accommodating - but the rooms are looking a little tired. For this rate in Cedar Rapids, some maintenance - including checking to see if all of the light fixtures have bulbs and painting rooms with walls that look pretty banged up - would go a long way. I like the brand. I like the folks. I like the room size and configuration. But I don't think the value was there for me during this last visit.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Mary B
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Hampton Inn and Suites in Cedar Rapids, Iowa was a good choice for the night. Check in was handled professionally and quickly. Room was clean and the beds are very good. Breakfast had a good selection of both hot and cold items, like omlets, sausage, fruit, cereal, rolls, etc. The breakfast worker kept it is well stocked too. Indoor pool looked nice, but did not use it this trip. Would for sure consider staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
HotelmanagerCR, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cedar Rapids - North, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Thank you so much for your great comments regarding your stay at our hotel. We are glad that you and your family had such a wonderful experience at check-in with our staff. We hope that during your next stay, you are able to take a dip in the pool and get to experience how nice it is. We try to rotate our breakfast items frequently, so we are excited to have you experience an even wider variety of options next time.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

The Hampton Inn in Cedar Rapids, IA is safe, clean, with beautifully appointed rooms and every needed amenity. The staff were courteous and efficient. I highly recommend this hotel as a "top shelf" value.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HotelmanagerCR, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cedar Rapids - North, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

We are so thrilled to hear that you found our hotel safe and clean and that the amenities we offer fit your needs. Thank you so much for recommending our hotel as "top shelf." That means so much to all of us. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I booked the Hampton for my sisters Graduation it was the closet place that had available space. I was so glad with my choice of the Hampton. Clean, friendly and beautiful. I felt so at home and found it easy to sleep on the comfy beds.. I hope to visit again soon....

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about the quality of your stay. We are always excited to see our customers happy with their choice to stay at the Hamtpon brand. We are so glad to hear that we could make you and your family feel at home with our cleanliness and comfortable beds. We look forward to you having you all again soon.