“Made Silver Elite feel like "Platinum"”

Cedar Rapids Marriott
Ranked #14 of 36 Hotels in Cedar Rapids
Hudson, Wisconsin
“Made Silver Elite feel like "Platinum"”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I checked in on a frigid winter night. The desk clerk was incredibly nice and accommodating. He even treated me to a candy bar. He put me on the top floor, gave me a lovely room and bid me good night.

The room was terrific; warm, cozy, clean and the bed was very comfortable. I slept like a baby.

In the morning, I went down to start my car before heading out and realized that I was on the concierge level. I had a fantastic breakfast, great service, wonderful way to start my day.

Here's my overall review, this looked like one of those older Marriott's, I wasn't expecting to be so completely impressed. I figured the building might be old and tired, there would not be any bottled water in my room and I would get an okay room. I couldn't have been more wrong! From my check-in experience, to my room, to my breakfast...and YES there was a bottle of water in my room. Something simple like a bottle of water can really make my day. I use a CPAP when I sleep, so it is kind of a big deal. I didn't get all settled in and have to run back downstairs to purchase one, I don't have to expense it..it was just there, when I needed it.

It's good to know that I have found a great place to stay whenever I am in Cedar Rapids. This Marriott can be my home away from home.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Brent P, General Manager at Cedar Rapids Marriott, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
It was a pleasure receiving the comments about your stay with us! Feedback like yours will help us continue to provide an elevated level of service to you and all of our guests. Our team enjoys hearing back from guests that they have been able to make a personal connection with as well as making their stay brilliant! We are looking forward to your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

Greeted with employees who take pride in customer service.
Beds were comfortable food was great location was ideal
Highly recommend if you're in the area.

Room service was surprisingly good. Can't say enough about the Marriott Cedar Rapids

• Stayed January 2014
Thank you for taking time to share you experience with us! I will assure you that your comments will be shared with the team! We hope to see you again in the near future!
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed January 16, 2014

My parents, grandmother, and wife and I all stayed here (3 rooms) for 5 nights, so we got a good sense of the place. Fantastic hotel! The rooms are enormous- great for hanging out with additional people. The breakfast buffet was really excellent with outstanding service- for example, they brought my grandmothers 'to-order' omelet over to our table and were very friendly. I stay at a lot of hotels, and this was truly one of the best breakfasts around. The bar area was also nice for an evening cocktail. Rooms were 100% clean and in great shape. I'd stay here anytime.

Room Tip: Some rooms are on little side corridors off the main interior space and might be a touch quieter.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Brent P, General Manager at Cedar Rapids Marriott, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank you for taking time to let us know how much you enjoyed your visit to Cedar Rapids and your stay at the Marriott! Our staff prides itself on exceeding guest expectations and I am pleased to hear that you experienced that service first hand. We look forward to having you and your family back very soon! Have a Happy New Year!
Davenport, Iowa
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Upon checking in I was given an upgrade to a suite so that my family and I could have extra space. I was watching over my 5 month old sister that night and they offered me a pack and play. In addition to all this, the bellman brought me a list of local restaurants that deliver to the hotel. I work at a 4-diamond, Marriot Autograph Collection property in Davenpot, IA and this is the type of service we strive to provide our guests each day. The front desk staff was extremely accomodating, friendly, and knowledgable. I will definitely be staying here during any future trips I make to the Cedar Rapids area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Brent P, General Manager at Cedar Rapids Marriott, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Thank you for your generous compliments regarding our staff service! Our team strives every day to anticipate guest needs and provide that service before you know you need it! I am thrilled that you experienced this first hand! We look forward to serving you again in the future!
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Wow! During our recent stay at Marriott Cedar Rapids, Iowa, from 27-30 Dec. 2013, Santa and Mrs. Claus (Stephen and Catherine Berry) were treated like royalty. Brea, at the front desk greeted us like old friends and handled our every need as her own. Myles worked very hard to move the baggage of Santa and his family with speed and perfection. (Santa's elves could take note!)
Of special note are Amanda and Alyssa in the Cedar Grille. Amanda cared for Santa's meals as though he were a member of her family! She was friendly, smiling, very courteous and asked all the right questions to learn my needs and desires for my meal. On a scale of 1-10, ten as the best, Amanda is at least 11.5! Alyssa, who served me the evening prior in the Cedar Grille also deserves special mention. Like Amanda, Alyssa was friendly, smiling, very courteous and asked all the right questions! Again the "10-scale" rating of 11.5!
Thanks also to Joel Coughlin for responding to Santa's requests and his oversight of Santa's stay at the Marriott Cedar Rapids. We will return!

Room Tip: Trust the staff! They know the hotel and they'll take care of you!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Brent P, General Manager at Cedar Rapids Marriott, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you for all of your kind words about the service you received from our staff! I take pride in the level of service our team delivers each and every day and am thrilled that your visit was so memorable.

You made a lasting impression on my staff as well with your commitment to filling the "Santa" role for the various children that happened to be at the hotel during your stay!

Thank you again for your comments. I assure you that these associates will be recognized for their outstanding service!

Happy New Year!
Iowa
Reviewed January 2, 2014

This hotel has really gone downhill in recent years. Probably the most irritating thing is that you have to pay $13 for an internet connection in your room. Sure, you can go downstairs to the business center and use it for free, but really, having to pay for it in your room is such an antiquated process. Almost every budget hotel has free wi-fi, so what's wrong with this location?? Room was large and clean, but some dumb-dumb downstairs in the atrium took it upon himself to yelp periodically into the wee hours. The sound echoes up to the rooms. We couldn't figure out why no one downstairs asked him to quit doing that. If I want a noisy hotel room, I can go to the Motel 6 on a weekend and for much less money! I expect more class and service from a Marriott than is to be had at this location. Won't be staying here ever again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed October 29, 2013

This hotel has all of the basic trappings of a full-service Marriott. It has an Embassy Suites layout (it may have been one in a past life). The rooms have been revamped. For the most part, they have a modern feel. The open interior can make it kind of loud. I thought the beds were very comfortable. The staff is very friendly. They have a well-attended Concierge Lounge on the 7th floor. The hotel has a number of conference rooms. It would make a good place for a wedding party or a large gathering.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Brent P, General Manager at Cedar Rapids Marriott, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write about your experience at our hotel! Our tenured staff has demonstrated time and again their commitment to ensuring our guests are completely satisfied and I am happy to see your stay was no exception.

As you mentioned, we do have an outstanding venue for weddings or business meetings alike with a very experienced Event Planning department.

Have a wonderful fall season! We look forward to hosting you again in the future!