“Get IDed at the ID”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 9, 2013

The Irish Democrat has been around for too many years for me to remember when it opened. The food is always well prepared, the service is usually excellent and the atmosphere is relaxing. If you need a break after hours or a bite for lunch, this is an easy to access establishment that offers variety.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

In town for my son's wedding and tried this restaurant due to Trip Advisor reviews. This restaurant turned out to be an excellent choice for a good value meal. Our party had a chicken salad, ribs and chicken fingers and ribs and wings. All 3 meals were well portioned and fairly priced. The wine was a bit overpriced at $7.50 a pop though. The service was quick, efficient and friendly and the atmosphere was lively. There was a large crowd on a Wednesday night. If you are in cedar Rapids and like a lively pub, I would recommend that you give this place a try.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

On our drive west we had dinner at the Irish Democrat while staying overnight in CR. We arrived around 6 on a Monday evening. The bar area had a dozen or so customers. We were escorted past the bar and seated in a booth in the dining area. There were only a couple of other tables occupied when we arrived. My wife had the blackened salmon spinach salad and I the fajita salad with chicken. Both salads were delicious, very fresh and nice sizes. Service was prompt & attentive. By the time we left the dining area was much busier with about 8-10 tables occupied.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

we eat there a lot. never had a bad meal. I can say that we went tonight and there was to much dressing on my salad to the point that I could not finish it, But I have had it many times before and it has always been great.

Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

The ribs here are soooooo good! I highly recommend them. Their Black and Tans are amazing as well. The waitress was delightful and pleasant. All in all - highly recommend!