“Mike is the best” 5 of 5 bubbles

Irish Democrat
Ranked #23 of 399 Restaurants in Cedar Rapids
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Mike is the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

we eat there a lot. never had a bad meal. I can say that we went tonight and there was to much dressing on my salad to the point that I could not finish it, But I have had it many times before and it has always been great.

Visited May 2013

IOWA
“Amazing food and service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

The ribs here are soooooo good! I highly recommend them. Their Black and Tans are amazing as well. The waitress was delightful and pleasant. All in all - highly recommend!

• Visited May 2013
Marion, Iowa
“Had real nice retirement lunch here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Nice place for retirement luncheon. Went here recently for small group work retirement party over lunch. We had the stuffed mushrooms and cheese wontons with honey mustard sauce. Both were very good. Two people had teriyaki chicken salad, which looked tasty and both people enjoyed. Other two had fajita salad, and those were really good too. Should have made two meals out of the salad I had. However, it was soooo tasty, just could not resist finishing to the last bite. Service is usually good here. Have only been disappointed a time or two. Food is pretty consistent and not always greasy pub-type fare, unless you specifically order it.

• Visited March 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Always a great place to catch-up with old friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

This is a great landmark if you're originally from CR. My husband (whom is not from Cedar Rapids) felt like it was just "another pub," whereas I dearly love this place and what it represents: a place for high-school classmates to get together! I no longer live in Cedar Rapids, but when I return home, I invariably run into an old friend of mine while having a drink. I can't speak for the food, as I simply go there to have drinks with friends.

Visited November 2012
Loveland, CO and Mt. Vernon, IA
“vibrant atmosphere, efficient service, tasty onion rings”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

The Irish Democrat is one of those places to which I have returned for over 20 years, the layout is designed for efficient gathering of groups as well as individuals. Food and drink choices are divine, the staff is personable, and the Onion Rings are superb (my latest culinary treat). Drink choices are diverse, tasty, and that combination makes it so one never feels rushed to leave.

• Visited March 2013