“Not what expected but good”
Review of Daniel Arthur's - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Daniel Arthur's
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Great ambiance -- in an old house -- intimate dining area and lots of wood decor. Went on a Tuesday night and place was empty outside of the bar; only people eating dinner. Expected the menu to be more of a dinner menu with steak and seafood selections but was surprised that it was primarily sandwiches, salads and flatbread pizza. I had a great caprese flatbread and others in my party had the steak and fish of the day, They like it but options were more limited than had expected. Ask your waiter about history of the house -- interesting story!

1  Thank Sue V

Reviewed June 17, 2013

The food is consistently excellent, with different fresh catch options every time in. They routinely put out superior fish dishes. The atmosphere and decor are the best in town. You just can't go wrong with DA.

1  Thank Peder8330
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The people of Cedar Rapids are so lucky they are to have this place to go to. The fried oysters appetizer was one of the best I have had, better than some of the best oyster houses on the East Coast, where I live. The bruschetta was creatively presented with goat cheese toasts and tapenade, and our entrees were sophisticated and tasty. Of course, when it comes to steak, you can't beat Iowa, but the fish special was nothing like I have ever had in the Midwest. The atmosphere was delightfully whimsical and romantic at the same time, with perfect lighting and mermaid artwork throughout. Our waitress, Sally, was phenomenal, and everyone was incredibly nice. Next time I am in town, I want to hang out to listen to live music in the bar.

1  Thank TPool_11
Reviewed June 16, 2013

My wife and I went here for our 20th anniversary dinner, as good choices in CR are hard to find. I had the scallops and was amazed - I have travelled all over the US and a lot of Europe, and these were the best I had ever had anywhere. My wife had the filet and actually ate the whole thing, it was so good. Though their menu was in flux when we went, the service was excellent and the atmosphere was still about the best CR has to offer. Would have rated it 5 of 5, but our desserts were just okay (though in fairness, we did get them to go so they were not as fresh as they could hve been). Still, DA's is the tops in CR.

2  Thank robtP5999LQ
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We found Daniel Arthur's in Cedar Rapids and were pleasantly surprised by the delicious menu and atmosphere! The jalapeño jelly with fresh bread that is put on the table almost went into my purse it was so good o wanted to take it home!