“Great scallops - in CR? - YES!”
Review of Daniel Arthur's - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Daniel Arthur's
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 16, 2013

My wife and I went here for our 20th anniversary dinner, as good choices in CR are hard to find. I had the scallops and was amazed - I have travelled all over the US and a lot of Europe, and these were the best I had ever had anywhere. My wife had the filet and actually ate the whole thing, it was so good. Though their menu was in flux when we went, the service was excellent and the atmosphere was still about the best CR has to offer. Would have rated it 5 of 5, but our desserts were just okay (though in fairness, we did get them to go so they were not as fresh as they could hve been). Still, DA's is the tops in CR.

2  Thank robtP5999LQ

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We found Daniel Arthur's in Cedar Rapids and were pleasantly surprised by the delicious menu and atmosphere! The jalapeño jelly with fresh bread that is put on the table almost went into my purse it was so good o wanted to take it home!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We went to Daniel Arthur's for Valentine's day. The food was excellent. I can't comment on the menu as this was a special night with only a few options to choose from, but what we had was absolutely delicious. Our waiter was new, but did a very nice job. The decor is in an old victorian home and comes with it's own ghost! Just ask the wait staff! I recommend for a special night out.

1  Thank skdonner
Reviewed February 19, 2013

For the Cedar Rapids area it's a top notch restaurant. Have eaten here several times over the last 5 years and am never disappointed. Chef Mon Sayasit prepares some phenomenal food. My wife and I go here every now and again as well as every year on our anniversary in February. My wife ordered the filet mignon which was cooked perfectly as ordered and seasoned well. I ordered the special which was a miso glazed Chilean sea bass with a purple jasmine rice puree with some pickled onion and octopus legs. I'm not a big seafood fan but I ate everything on the plate it was just that good.

3  Thank Me M
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We had gone to DA's several times and had pretty good meals in the past. But, the last couple of times we ate there the meals were a big disappointment! After what seemed like forever to get our food, my partner's hamburger was quite over cooked and my scallops had sand in them. The sides where rather uninteresting as well, I expect better service and food for a place this expensive. The service and quality of the food seems to be taking a dive lately which is really too bad. Needless to say we will not be returning nor will I recommend this to anyone again.

1  Thank Chris M