Clarion Inn University Plaza
$95
SuburbanHotels
$86
BestWestern.com
AmericInn by Wyndham Cedar Falls(Cedar Falls)(Great Value!)
$76
$86
$134
TripAdvisor
Super 8 by Wyndham Cedar Falls(Cedar Falls)(Great Value!)
$72
Midway Inn(Cedar Falls)
Hotels.com
All reviewsout of stateroad constructionrecently stayed herefriday nightbeds were comfortablepool area isfamily reunionmorning breakfastvery nice hotelgreat place to staygrainbenlearyroxycollegetilefuneral
Reviewed June 3, 2014

The folks that run the establishment on the day to day are wonderful. We never had a need that was not met and felt like family while there. The catering and business reservations staff- Sue O'Leary & Maria Murphy are WONDERFUL. The front desk crew like Tom & Austin are friendly and accommodating, the restaurant staff, Lynda & Mary, are sweet, efficient and problem-solvers and the Chef was outstanding in creating a wonderful business meeting service of lovely food.

Room Tip: Choose a room that has a lot of light.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Kelli H
Tony C, Regional Director of Operations at Clarion Inn University Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Dear Kelli H,

It was a pleasure having you stay at our hotel the last few weeks! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Regional Director of Operations

Reviewed June 1, 2014

The front desk clerk was very pleasant at check in, however, when we got to our room it hadn't been cleaned and the bed was not made. I returned to the front desk and the clerk apologized and promptly gave us another-bigger-room! The room was a little worn around the edges but it was super clean. Nice big screen tv and the bed was very comfortable! The lobby area was pleasant with a neat little fish pond. There is a descent sized indoor pool. The hotel is close to Northern Iowa University many restaurants and stores. The hotel does not offer a free continental breakfast which was disappointing. Our kids were not with us on this trip so it wasn't a huge deal but probably wouldn't have stayed here because of this fact if they would have been along. Overall I was satisfied with my stay and would stay again if the kids were not along.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Tony C, Regional Director of Operations at Clarion Inn University Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us. We are pleased you enjoyed our guest service staff and would return in the future. I do apologize for not meeting your expectations on the room decor, we are planing a renovation in the near future. Thank you again for your feedback and your business! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

Faith checked me in was very polite and answered my questions. My dinner prepared by Chris the chef, and was very well cooked. As well as Lynda who served me with very nice service. Overall, a nice hotel.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo

Regional Director of Operations

Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

I stayed for one night. It was an ok visit at best. The room and hotel needs a renovation. The need was comfortable but the air system is outdated and there was no option to keep the fan on, only heat or cool. The fitness center needs new equipment, the eliptical machine felt like it was from the 90's so I opted for the treadmill. Unfortunate due to the harsh impact the treadmill has on the knees. I did like that there was a fridge and microwave, road travelers like me always appreciates it. The remote had duct tape on the back to hold the cover on, aren't those like $5? Replace it. Also, the shower head spray would reach the back of the tub all the way lowered down which wasn't convenient when trying to apply body wash. It's the little things that matter. Overall it was an ok visit but I would stay somewhere else if I had the option.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Tony C, Regional Director at Clarion Inn University Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at Clarion Inn University Plaza.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding your room condition on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with staff and owners to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Cedar Falls.

Regional Director
319-277-2230

Reviewed April 21, 2014

We stayed here for the Easter weekend and while it is in a great location, the Hotel needs some updating.

The entrance into the hotel is nice and very welcoming. The lobby, restaurant, and their conference rooms were very nice. The pool area is also very well maintained.

The rooms/hallways on the other hand need a lot of work. Its minor things like new paint, carpet, window coverings. The popcorn ceilings were falling off and we had a leaky shower handle, that didn't stop running the entire time we were there. The wall paper is starting to fall off the walls and show its age.

The location and staff are alone worth a perfect rating, but I can't over look the need for updating. If they can update their rooms and get new carpet, drapes, wall coverings, bathrooms/sinks, and clean the hallways. I will stay here every time I visit. It is a great location and the staff is very friendly and helpful .

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Iowatraveler8
Tony C, Regional Director at Clarion Inn University Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

We apologize for not exceeding your expectations during your recent stay with us. We are pleased that you found the location and Staff helpful, and apologize for the overall hotel decor. We hope you give us the opportunity in the near future to regain your confidence in our hotels services. Thank you for your feedback and your business.