“A hidden gem”

Comfort Suites Cedar Falls
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Cedar Falls
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have been staying here for a month on business and really really enjoy it. Rooms are impeccably clean and quiet. Staff is super helpful and friendly and there are cookies in the afternoon. Probably the most helpful staff I have encountered in all of my trips. It's within a 10 minute walking distance to a shopping strip with Wallmart,Target. There's a 24 hour convenience store next door. Among nice extras, they also have a pool, a small gym and free breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank bartosh

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Comfort Suites is my favorite place to stay when I'm in Cedar Falls. I've noticed that hot weekends book up quick so I usually make my reservation early. I am always impressed with how well the front desk handles busy groups on the weekends. Look for Karen on the weekend and Tami during the week, these ladies always have a smile and are willing to go above and beyond.
In response to previous comments; I've on occasion had issues with noise from other guests. I've contacted the front desk and no matter the hour they do their best to be proactive and gracefully handle the issue. Parents should not expect hotel staff to do their job of parenting while they sit in the lobby and drink. I've seen this on many occasions.
Housekeepers keep the rooms clean and breakfast is always hot and fresh. Definitely check this place out!!

Room Tip: West facing rooms are usually quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 15, 2013

My wife, daughter & I along with my wife's sister, husband & 3 kids stayed the same night. We did not hear guests talking loudly during quiet time all we heard were the kids running up & down the hall. Their were 7 guests along with myself who complained about the kidds running in hall, we all spent our hard earned money to have a pleasant stay & because one parent cannot control their kids she has the right to down grade the hotel, I don't think so! As for the servers not wearing shoes, everyone serving breakfast had shoes on & asked multipal times if we needed anything. While at breakfast I heard comments from two of the guests talking about the running in the halls & that they were considering finding another hotel to stay for Saturday night, that is sad considering it is not the hotels fault. Our oldest daughter is a student at UNI & we have stayed at the Comfort Suites many times, every stay has been great. Please don't judge this hotel based on one parent who cannot control theirs kids, our experience has always been great! Mark R, West Des Moines, IA

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Mark R
Reviewed April 13, 2013

If you desire to be insulted and treated disrespectfully while a paying guest in a hotel, the Comfort Suites in Cedar Falls is the place for you. After listening to other guests talk loudly in the halls and not respecting traditional quiet hours and choosing to not complain, it was a shock when told numerous complains from one room has been lodged against my young nieces for running. As an added bonus the assistant manager decided to confront me in front of other guests with this complaint. We were moved to another room, but the second room had a half wall that was in ill repair and nearly caused a larger accident when my mother went to lean in it. Breakfast with servers without shoes on? Also possible - no problem if you don't mind health violations. Time for pool to be cleaned? Saturday afternoon. Just unfortunate a negative star is not possible.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Angela B, Manager at Comfort Suites Cedar Falls, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations.

We also value the quality of sleep our guests receive and take noise complaints seriously. I'm very sorry if the way it was handled not appropriate. We have addressed the issue with the employee in question. We want you to know that we truly enjoy sharing our passion for the Cedar Valley with visitors and want you to walk out the door feeling refreshed.

If you return to our hotel I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you directly, so please ask for me. You may also contact directly at (319)273-9999 x402. We hope to see you again in the future and wish you the very best.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

I came to Cedar Falls to see family and stayed at the Comfort Suites. Super clean rooms, beautiful pool and hot tub, great breakfast, and very quiet and peaceful. Tami, at the front desk was extremely helpful and friendly. She helped me with everything I needed and went out of her way to make my stay awesome!

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear Chelsea,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind thoughts regarding our property. Our staff works very hard to provide a clean, quality stay for all of our guests. I will pass your comments along and we look forward to you next visit to our Cedar Falls Comfort Suites!

Kind regards,
Angela

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Stayed here to attend a student play at UNI. Just a short drive to campus. Only a gas station in walking distance, but several restaurants within a half mile. Room was very clean and breakfast was more than standard. Pool area on the small side, but the water feathure was nice for our little one. Hotel does allow pets, but we had no problems with that. Hotel provides a pet clean up station. Did not experience any of the negative that other travelers have reported.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms near pool get the smell of pool area.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of praise regarding our rooms and ammenities. It's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts, and takes the time to say thank you.

Again, let me thank you for your kind words. We're committed to total guest satisfaction, and we look forward to your next visit!

Kind regards,
Angela

Reviewed February 7, 2013

This is a relatively new property, all-suite hotel. We had to spend a few days after closing on our house so chose this hotel because they welcomed our golden retriever. They gave us a lovely room with a separate bedroom and whirlpool tub. My husband was able to work with a client in the business center. Our only problems were those of inconsiderate guests: a 7-year girl had her birthday party in the adjoining room: giggling, squealing, running from 3PM until the next morning. The hotel said this was against their policy and did make several calls to quiet the girls. Also, the architect of the building somehow decided that a headboard up against the wall of the pop machine and ice machine was a good idea. So particularly on the weekend, we heard a group of kids gathered around the pop machine and another night dealt with a broken ice machine and the accompanying noises. Again, though, the staff was so nice to deal with, many things could be overlooked.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room but avoid the pop and ice machines!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business