“Excellent choice”

Hong Kong Chinese REstaurant
Ranked #67 of 122 Restaurants in Cedar Falls
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stopped in while driving thru. A bit concerned that there were no cars in the lot but it was Sunday at 8:00 p.m. So glad we stayed. The food and service was outstanding; some of the best Chinese food we have had in a long time.

Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

When they advertise they have been voted best of the best for the Cedar Valley, it is true. They do have EXCELLENT crab rangoons. Their pu pu platter is awesome. Their egg drop soup is well balanced and one of the better ones. They can be busy but are very good at moving crowds through. Probably due to their reasonable pricing for food value. My youngest son never liked egg rolls until he tried one here. Their sizzling soup is also very good. It is probably the best value for Chinese food in the area since Yen Ching was driven out by city of Waterloo and the Mandarin cafe closed.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

The food is wonderful and portions are large enough that I can usually make 2 meals for the price of 1

Reviewed September 4, 2012

My family and I ate at Hong Kong this last weekend for lunch. It was a hot day and their AC wasn't keeping up, so that made for a warm experience. Despite being very busy, our waiter did a great job keeping up and provided great service.

The food was just average - nothing to rave about, but not bad either. I had sweet and sour chicken and the meat was pretty dry and hard to cut. My wife's chicken fried rice was good. The diet Pepsi was pretty bad though - very flat and tasted slightly "off." I would plan on NOT ordering any soft drinks here. The ice water was fine and tasted far better.

Pricing is very cheap for a sit down restaurant and they provide a good value for your money.

Would I eat here again? Probably not. There are just too many other choices that are better than average.