“Taste of Nawlins”

Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Food and service is great. An excellent place to eat whether you like Cajun food or not. The upstais voodoo lounge is a fun experience.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

I too am a transplant from the south, and was excited to eat food from home. After walking two blocks just to get to the restaurant due to lack of parking on the street, I was greeted by a dis-interested hostess. I was showing my seat, where I waited and waited for service.
I ordered a shrimp pasta for my meal, and was 70 disappointed when I got there. It look like something out olive garden, with no Cajun spice, and no taste. I asked waitress to take it back and bring me something with some Cajun flavor to it, and she said she didn't know what they could do.
She brought the same playback to me and told me there is nothing they could do for it. I pick through part of it, and got up and walked out. I will never go back to this restaurant. I feel it's an expensive tourist trap, so diner beware

Reviewed September 4, 2012

My wife and I are fairly frequent guests at Bourbon Street. We eat here with family, friends, or just the two of us. The ambiance is great and we enjoy the atmosphere. You can relax and have fun with a large group, or get a booth and have an intimate dinner with your amour.

The service is always great and the food is excellent. We love to get King Crab legs or the apricot chicken. And the spinach artichoke dip with pita points is an amazingly great appetizer!

At one point they tried to change the pita points (mmmmm) to some hard crackers (not mmmmm). We emailed and got personal responses back from the owner who promised to rectify things. Next time we went back we found that you can now have either. That kind of service is all but impossible to come by today.

Also, if you want to hang out at the bar, just head upstairs.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

I have been here a few times now and have ordered something different eveytime. Their menu (although physically ridiculously big) has so many wonderful options I get excited to try something new. The service is perfect in that they don't smother you. They allow you to have a nice dinner with friends without interrupting every 2 minutes. The drinks menu is fun and tasty. I am excited to try Sunday brunch.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

The food is OK at Bourbon Street, but it is very loud with the background music blaring. Not enjoyable to visit with others while dining. Everything tastes about the same here. I wouldn't rush to eat here again.