“Scratch is a MUST visit!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Scratch Cupcakery

Scratch Cupcakery
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Cedar Falls
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Ankeny, Iowa
“Scratch is a MUST visit!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

This cupcakery just opened on Friday in West Des Moines and is a MUST VISIT! I found them at a bridal show last Nov and ever since then I have been dying to finally have them open up in the Des Moines area. With 20 different flavors a day, there is something there for everyone, Even opening weekend they never ran out! I would really hate to bash the competition, but the other cupcake shops around the Des Moines area just cant compare. One of them had dry cupcakes an hour after the shop opened! And the value at Scratch is another reason to check them out... they were even cheaper than their competition!! Scratch is different -- even 2 days later our cupcakes were still moist on the inside and still had great flavor (we tried 5 different kinds and love them all)! I definitely recommend this for your dessert craving.

I wish them all the best on being a successful cupcakery in Des Moines... and I will definitely be choosing them to do my wedding next June!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank ajchandra

Waterloo, Iowa
“Great cupcakes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

Large variety of homemade cupcakes, $2.00 a piece. Try the Wedding Day cupcakes- delicious. They also have gelato.

Visited December 2012
Waterloo, Iowa
“Cupcakes anyone”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

The first time was a challenge, which one do I want. Heck buy a dozen, but still hard choices. Even have fresh ice cream, again wwhat flavor do I want. Little pricey but they are HEAVENLY.

Visited September 2012
Ankeny, Iowa
“Only Had Once But Craving More!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

First off I cannot say how excited I am they are opening a store in West Des Moines very soon!! They were a vendor at a local wedding show with beautiful vintage style decor showing off their amazing cupcakes. Even though I only got to sample 1, I cannot wait to try even more. I would highly recommend trying this shop when it comes to the Des Moines area... I'm already considering them to provide cupcakes for my wedding!

• Visited November 2012
Cedar Falls, Iowa
“What more can be said?!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

This place is a Cedar Valley Gem! The cupcake choices are always changing with old favorites and exciting new combinations. The quality and taste is always consistant and the help is very friendly. My kids beg to stop here anytime we are downtown.. and with the lure of sweets.. who can resist?!

Visited December 2012