“Cold food and indifferent service”

J's Homestyle Cooking
Ranked #4 of 122 Restaurants in Cedar Falls
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Eggs served cold (literally-did they put fried eggs in frig??) and had to go to front counter to request check. Server was downright surly from the moment she slapped the menus on the table.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Visiting relatives and found this place in the old Granny Annies building by UNI. Talked to the owner/manager and looked at the menu. WOW.. our kind of food. NOT fast food (although the service was very fast). If you like home-style meals this is the place ! ! Ate twice in 3 days and they were the best meals we had on our trip. Honest.... Breakfast is super and the prices are very reasonable. Plenty of food.
The gals that wait the tables are the best. It has been a looooooooooooong time since we have encountered such friendly staff. Do NOT pass this place by. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

I tried the Panther Omelette, with sourdough toast...it was very good. I can see why this place is a favorite with locals. The wait staff were hustling and very friendly. I will be back...

Reviewed August 7, 2012

What a find! Huge portions for a small price. Friendly and homey. Try the Panther omelette. It is enough. to feed 2 hunger people. Biscuits and gravy are out of this world. Bisciuts are huge but light and airy. I wish we had found this place sooner in our travels.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

I would move to Cedar Falls just to eat at this restaurant every week. I had the Panther Omelet and it was the absolute best omelet I've ever eaten!