“Mixed reviews from a table of 8.”
Review of Ferrari's Ristorante - CLOSED

Ferrari's Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Fox River Grove, Illinois
“Mixed reviews from a table of 8.”
Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Our dining experience began with the hostess not having our reservation. She wasn't overwhelming apologetic or empathic. However the restaurant wasn't busy so we could be seated. Most everyone liked the calamari appetizer. We also ordered the seared tuna and brushetta. 2 in our group ordered the walleye and both said it was very dry. Overall it was an average dinner. The restaurant wasn't very busy for a Saturday night which should have been a clue for us.

Sumner,IA
“Career Capstone Final HCC”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

The food was excellant !!!!! Gave me the feel of what a real business dinner would be like. The cheesecake was to die for. I would love to go back to try other items on the menu.

Visited December 2012
Overland Park, Kansas
“Food OK”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

was not what I had heard or expected - the service was not good but maybe she was new - food was overpriced and helpings very small. Oh and the toilet rooms were just awful - sorry

Visited December 2012
Greene, Iowa
“Fabulous food”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

A little pricey but the food is fabulous. There's a pasta dish with steak and blue cheese that is to die for. One of the best pasta dishes I have ever had.

Visited May 2012
Dubuque, Iowa
“Fantastic”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I was a little skeptical as to what I was going to get. I expected a snobbish, high brow atmosphere and I did not see that at all. We went to Ferrari's on a recommendation from a friend as a place that had excellent food. We were not disappointed. We started with the calamari as the appetizer which did have a very different look to them, but the dipping sauce was fantastic. I ordered a seasonal special Gnocchi with Pancetta and Pea in a heavy cream sauce. My mouth is watering as I think about it. The sauce and peas were so delicious and the gnocchi was cooked perfectly; the minor complaint I had was the pancetta was too salty. I also had a side salad with my meal with Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing that was quite tasty. My husband ordered Crab Stuffed Grouper with mushroom and spinach risotto and steamed potatoes. The risotto was creamy and had good flavor, but nothing too special. The crab stuffed grouper was the highlight. It was everything you expected from the description and every bite was savored. The wait staff was very attentive, sometimes a little too attentive. I would rather have it that way than to wait for water. It was a fabulous atmosphere and even though we were a little under dressed we didn't feel out of place. I would highly recommend Ferrari's for a night out.

• Visited August 2012