“Pet-friendly, clean”

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Cedar Falls
Hilliard, Ohio
“Pet-friendly, clean”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

This was a quick choice using Trip Advisor and worked out well. Just stopped for overnight, but it was quiet, clean, and inexpensive without being "bare-bones." The people at the front desk both evening and morning were quite friendly and helpful, concerned about giving me a second-floor room with a dog (I assured them it was fine.) Plenty of grass around for "doing business." Just in general, it would be nice of pet-friendly hotels to mark an area for this and provide a small trash can and bags. Might encourage some otherwise lazy people to pick up after their pet.

Room Tip: No dinner in walking distance but some food just up the road a ways and quite a bit of delivery numb...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Sioux City, Iowa
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights here for work. Was pleasntly surprised how nicely appointed it was. Disappointed at no fitness room and wireless signal was intermittent and weakmat times. Easy to hear folks talking in the roos beside and above. Oddly, didnt hear any showers or toilets, but phones, voices easy to determine words. No real problems as everyone was quiet. Nice stay.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Sequim, Washington
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Imagine our surprise upon finding, at this Budget hotel, a well appointed and spotless room. What a treat on a trip filled with some not so nice surprises. The room was quiet and pleasant, and the staff were friendly and accommodating, we would stay here again anytime! The linens were spotless, the beds comfortable, and the amenities superior to any Super 8 at which we have stayed. The only problem? The usual terrible Super8 breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the far end, on the back to avoid road and truck noise. There are quite a few tru...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
TLUV62, Owner at Super 8 Cedar Falls, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Thank you for the kind words about our staff & the hotel. It means a lot to us to get feedback on how we are doing. Have a great summer!
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

I have to admit upfront that I haven't stayed in too many Super 8's in the past. For some reason I'm a bit gun-shy of getting stuck in a bad situation. This however, was a pleasant surprise.

I was working on the road but had someone else make the reservations for me. The fact that they live In Cedar Falls probably made all the difference in the world. Anyway, I admit, this was a really good stay.

First night I was out like a light - sorry Tom Bodett. One of the best nights of sleep I've had on the road this year. Subsequent nights were comparable.

The rooms are very spacious and the bed was firm. Breakfast - though the same offering every morning - was enough to get me going. Coffee was good. Pool very adequate.

Shower & toilet are in a separate room and nothing to write home about. Small sink area and those annoying "ball-bearing" trick hangers (you know the ones that don't hang on a rod instead fit into a hole in the rod and slide). But other than that, it was a good stay.

Here's the thing: I like to save money when possible but am afraid of getting stuck in a roach-motel. This one is a great bargain and vey clean. I can't speak of other Super 8 locations, but this one will get my business everytime I travel to Cedar Falls/Waterloo area.

By the way, I spent 3 nights there before traveling to a Marriott property north of Des Moines (was in the room for about 6 hours before catching a flight back home). My one night at the TownSuites was almost as much as my entire stay at Super 8 (within $20).

I'm not kidding that I'll be a return customer - and maybe I'll see you there too!

• Stayed June 2013
TLUV62, Owner at Super 8 Cedar Falls, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Thank you for the great review. I also love the Tom Bodett reference (even though he works for another chain) We are thrilled that we may get to see you again soon:)