“Don't stay here”

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Cedar Falls
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
“Don't stay here”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

My family stay here when waverly horse sale. When we check in to are first room was deity and we went down to the front told the person it wasn't cleaned and then they give use a other room that was very nice and small and I don't think the room can sleep 6 people in it and it olny can sleep 4 people not 6 or 5. But the brakfest was good. But the bed was uncomfortable and the screen was felling out. And if I was mangers there I would be a shame to work there.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Hackensack
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We travel to eastern Iowa from northern Minnesota often to visit family and WAere THRILLED when this Super 8 opened. It is so conveniently located and CLEAN!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Nw Arkansas
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Have stayed here twice in the past 5 months. First stay was a bit unsettling as they "forgot" to clean our room TWICE ! ! !
This time, we had a minor problem with the toilet and they immediatley moved us to a Suite room for no charge. Even helped moving our "stuff". Wish the breakfast had a few more choices/selections but it was fine. Some fresh fruit would be great...
Rooms are quieter on the North side of the building. Room 230 is ideal and very quiet.
We also experienced beer drinkers/smokers in the parking lot. There were a couple of CNW repair crews staying there but were nice. Staff is friendly and wager to please. Manager is very nice. He upgraded our room and was VERY apologetic for the inconvenience.

Room Tip: Upper level in the NW corner is the quietiest area.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
United States
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I found this facility to be one the nicest Super 8's I have come across. The motel is located next to a large convenience store which helps as well. The motel itself is super clean with outstanding rooms. All the amenities you need are provided.

I was quite surprised when I saw how nice everything was. Very, very functional and attractive facility! It exceeded my expectations, and was a relief after a long day on the road. Kudos to Jodi at the front desk...she was very helpful when I checked in. I would stay here again without a doubt.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed August 8, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Super 8 in Cedar Falls. The room was fine especially for the price. We chose the hotel because it was pet friendly. However, I felt kind of creepy crossing the parking lot to take my dog for a walk because all kinds of people were sitting around on the curbs outside smoking, drinking beer and partying it up and staring you down when you walk out of the hotel. It just felt unsafe.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Kenyon, Minnesota
Reviewed June 24, 2012

My husband and i just stayed at this Super 8 this week-end for 2 nights. We had a King room and found it to be very nice. The room decor was very nice and the room was very clean. The motel is only a couple years old and we found it much quieter then most Super 8's. We could not hear any noise from the rooms on either side of us and they were occupied. A little hall noice from closing doors, but not troublesome. The bathroom was large with the sink outside, which I like. The staff was very helpful suggesting restaurants (they even give out a 10% off coupon for Texas Roadhouse) which we used the first night. Excellent food! The breakfast is OK. They do have a waffle maker, but the rest is also carbs. Another reviewer mentioned and I agree, an apple or a banana, would have been good. Also, as another reviewer mentioned, our bed was not made up for us the second day. Granted, I always make the bed at home, but we were in a hurry Sat. am and I left the comforter off and although we had received clean towels and had the waste paper baskets emptied, the comforter had not been put back on the bed. No big deal, except, it was disappointing. All in all, a very nice motel and we will stay there again when in the area.

Room Tip: There is not an elevator to the second floor, so if stairs are a problem, ask for first floor. Also...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 3, 2012

We 1st stayed at this hotel in Sept, 2011. It was about a year old. The staff was very friendly and helpful, room was very clean, breakfast was good. We just stayed there again for a family event in Cedar Falls. Things have declined dramatically since last Sept! The room was still clean with pleasant decor, a refrigerator, microwave and small coffee pot. One of my relatives stayed at the hotel for 3 nights. There were no tissues in their room, and they were told the hotel had run out. They never got any. The pillows have gotten pretty lumpy since Sept. Neither the desk person who checked us in or out was very welcoming/friendly. The breakfast consisted of cereal (There was milk in a pitcher with ice cubes, but it was still warm and tasted like powdered milk.), bagels, bread, muffins, a waffle-maker, and donuts. The "butter" was a stick put out for community use. The coffee was good, but the orange juice had a sign that said "out" on it. There was also apple juice. The refrigerator in the breakfast area was empty the first 2 mornings my relative was there but had a few cartons of yogurt when we ate there. There were no breakfast sandwiches or other foods to heat and no fruit of any kind. The desk clerk was also in charge of maintaining the breakfast area. After having such an excellent experience here last fall, our stay was very disappointing.

Room Tip: The pool is at the east end of the hotel. On the ground floor one can really hear people (kids?) ru...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family