Tripadvisor
Cedar Falls
Post
Inbox
Search

“A concrete box with music way too loud”
Review of Urban Pie

Urban Pie
Order Online
Ranked #13 of 153 Restaurants in Cedar Falls
Description: Fast Fired Pizza. We make New-Neopolitan style brick oven pizza along with toasted subs, salads and wings. Open seven days a week.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My Iowa Taco pizza was fair, but most people in my party of eight liked their food. The problem was the noise. It's all concrete and metal surfaces so it's naturally loud, plus the music was loud. I asked the server *three* times, nicely, to turn down the music -- and we were almost the only people in the restaurant. I can't imagine anyone would want to go there with family but be unable to talk to them -- unless you really don't like your family, then it would be the ideal restaurant ;-)

Date of visit: December 2019
Write a reviewReviews (41)

Reviewed August 17, 2019

We went here for a Monday lunch. It is another new nondescript metal place with a high ceiling. The lunch pizzas came quickly and were good. The service was good. I will try the pizza again. It might be better with beer.

Date of visit: August 2019
JustinB3625, Owner at Urban Pie, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2019

Thank you for the visit!

Reviewed July 13, 2019

If you want fast food in pizza form, but still want a lot of variety- not just pepperoni- then this is a good place to go. The variety of pizzas they offer is great. However, our pizzas were burned a little too much. For variety and atmosphere, I would have rated this higher, but because they were too burned around the edge, I rated it a 3.

Date of visit: July 2019
1  Thank fitnessandchemistry

Thank you for giving us a try!

Reviewed July 4, 2019 via mobile

We had lunch here on July 4. The whole town was quiet, so we were glad to find Urban Pie open.

They serve individual-sized pizzas, in the $8-$11 range. I had a Greek Goddess, with a mix of Mediterranean flavors. It sounded good, but I found the tastes to not go together very well. The crust was good, if a bit soft in the center.

My son had a featured pizza with pineapple and ham. He said it was fine, but not really special. He also noted some clashing flavors.

My wife opted for a more basic mushroom and onion pizza. It was the best choice, as it wasn’t trying to hard to be special.

My red ale was very good.

If I come in again, I’d probably stay away from the featured pizzas, as I’m a bit afraid they would have a mix of muddled flavors.

Date of visit: July 2019

Thank you for the review.

Reviewed May 21, 2019

One of the best patios in the cedar valley. Will go downtown for a family celebration, date night or drinks and Urban Pie always is a great fit. Can't go wrong with any of their pizzas or build your own if you like. Highly recommend! And they deliver!

Date of visit: May 2019
JustinB3625, Manager at Urban Pie, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2019

Thank you for the recommendation!