“Not as good as previous visits”
Review of Montage

Montage
Ranked #2 of 121 Restaurants in Cedar Falls
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Not sure what was off the evening we were there. I don't mind paying ala carte if tasty but what our party of five ordered was all mediocre at best. One person did enjoy his piñon crusted grouper. Salmon was not the best. Texture of sea bass was watery. Salads were the best course.
Chicken skewer not worth the price either. We will try some where else next time.

melissammb, Public Relations Manager at Montage, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

We're very sorry to hear that your experience did not live up to expectations. Montage takes your opinions seriously, and I have passed along your comments to the chef. Thanks for taking the time to review and we sincerely hope we can earn your business back!

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Everything was very nice, from the service and the food. Very large portions! I had a seasonal dish that was offered, which was pumpkin and scallops with fettuccine !!!!

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Fine dining? I don't think so! Hostess was wearing jeans, waitress was unprofessional. We should have left then but decided to stick it out. I ordered grilled salmon and goat cheese risotto. Salmon was under done and tasted fishy, risotto was mushy. My husband had a similarly disappointing experience. We live in Cedar Falls, the last time we dined at Montage was approximately 5 years ago. It was bad then but we decided to give them another shot. We will not make that mistake again.

1  Thank Amy S
Reviewed October 8, 2013

This is a ridiculous excuse for an "Upscale" restaurant. I might forgive some of its faults if it were in a smaller, backwoods town, but Cedar Falls has aspirations of being something more, whether that's deserved or not. "Chicken on a Skewer" = Chicken Sate'. Pre-digested papain soaked meats with canned+fresh sauces. Only two types of Scotch? Please.

2  Thank Ken P

Respectfully, we disagree. Clearly it wasn't to your taste, but our Chicken Skewers are one of our most popular entrees. Our sauces are all made from scratch on site. We're very proud of our community, and can't think of anywhere we'd rather be located than beautiful, historic downtown Cedar Falls.

Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

I ate at Montage this past week, and it excelled in impressing me. The menu and wine list were long. I had the salmon and a salad that included goat cheese, which was very obviously fresh.for dessert, I had a lovely sherry. I highly recommend this if you're in the area.