“disappointing”

Ranked #2 of 123 Restaurants in Cedar Falls
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Fine dining? I don't think so! Hostess was wearing jeans, waitress was unprofessional. We should have left then but decided to stick it out. I ordered grilled salmon and goat cheese risotto. Salmon was under done and tasted fishy, risotto was mushy. My husband had a similarly disappointing experience. We live in Cedar Falls, the last time we dined at Montage was approximately 5 years ago. It was bad then but we decided to give them another shot. We will not make that mistake again.

1  Thank Amy S

Reviewed October 8, 2013

This is a ridiculous excuse for an "Upscale" restaurant. I might forgive some of its faults if it were in a smaller, backwoods town, but Cedar Falls has aspirations of being something more, whether that's deserved or not. "Chicken on a Skewer" = Chicken Sate'. Pre-digested papain soaked meats with canned+fresh sauces. Only two types of Scotch? Please.

2  Thank Ken P
melissammb, Public Relations Manager at Montage, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Respectfully, we disagree. Clearly it wasn't to your taste, but our Chicken Skewers are one of our most popular entrees. Our sauces are all made from scratch on site. We're very proud of our community, and can't think of anywhere we'd rather be located than beautiful, historic downtown Cedar Falls.

Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

I ate at Montage this past week, and it excelled in impressing me. The menu and wine list were long. I had the salmon and a salad that included goat cheese, which was very obviously fresh.for dessert, I had a lovely sherry. I highly recommend this if you're in the area.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Located in a great spot the evening featured wonderful appetizers and fantastic steaks and the best dessert I've ever eaten (Chocolate Souffle). The atmosphere was inviting and our server, Carrington, was wonderful. It was money well spent. It's worth going just to try the souffle! We will be back.

1  Thank pocketsschmitz
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Montage was the perfect choice for an intimate, celebratory dinner with friends. We had a delicious meal, and loved the private room we had (without asking!). The wine was recommended by the manager, and actually served by him (!) and it was absolutely lovely. The prices are in line with the service and ambiance. This restaurant is a quiet jewel!

1  Thank merle64