“Not bad for a town the size of Cedar Falls.”
Review of Montage

Montage
Ranked #2 of 127 Restaurants in Cedar Falls
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Atmosphere is modern urban and currently undergoing remodeling. Our server was friendly and knowledgeable. But the food, ehh. The jambalaya is not authentic. The fettuccini was bland and was served with very little meat in it. Might want to revamp those recipes. However the other couple in our dinner party were satisfied with their meals. I can see why the locals like this restaurant. The only other comment I have is I noticed a very annoyed looking woman constantly walking up and down the aisle. Not sure what her deal was but it was a little distracting.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I'm not sure what it is about Iowan's but they seem to like to spend money on food. There's not a restaurant around that you can go to without having to wait for a table. I was given a gift certificate from a business partner for dinner at Montage so we went. The restaurant was so dark that I could hardly read the menu. My mom always said people keep thier place really dark when you're trying to hide filth. Not that this placed looked dirty, it didn't. It was just really, really dark. Enough about that... The food was okay. The Cashew encrusted chicken was fair at best. The New York Strip was good, but for $28 it should have been fantastic. The best item on the menu was their house potatos. Seriously, with a $50 gift certificate, I still spend $20. And that was dinner for two without alcoholic drinks. If you want a nice dark place to hide the date you just realized you made, it may be fine. If you looking for great food at a good price, keep looking.

3  Thank NonnahsS
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I am so excited every time I get a chance to dine at Montage. I love warm but trendy atmosphere along with the outstanding service and attention to detail. The food is always consistently wonderful! A great place for a date night or a night out with friends!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I would highly recommend Montage to anyone in town or someone traveling through the area. I always have excellent service and the food is always fresh and very delicious! The staff is very knowledgable on wine selections and I have used them for business meetings and personal events for the past 10 years.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

This place has really good food and the service is excellent. Just a block from the Blackhawk Hotel.