Ibis Budget Perth Airport
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Redcliffe
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Spent a couple of nights here earlier in the year on my own.I thought I'd post a couple of points that I remember from my experience.
1). The room was basic, but clean and tidy. The bed was big enough to spread out in.
2). The staff seemed pleasant enough.
3). The biggest problem I seemed to face was the position of the pay-as-you-go computers. At the time they were behind a counter that faced the front doors. It was a little annoying trying to check your email only to look up and see a would-be guest standing there staring and wanting to check in. (This was with a sign on the counter pointing to where reception was).

I didn't have breakfasts there, so I can't comment on those. A cheap and cheerful stay.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed October 2, 2011

Perth has become a pretty expensive city to sleep in, thanks to no new major hotels since early 2000's. But if you need somewhere to sleep near the airport, the Hotel Formule 1 does exactly what you need. For only A$109 it sleeps 3 with a dbl and a single overhead. We arrived at around 1.00 am and were pleasantly surprised to find the manager still there to check us in. The room is small but functional, and although its on a busy road (Great Eastern Hwy), surprisingly quiet. Bathroom is minimal and a bathmat would be nice in addition to the towels, but the water was hot, so for the money, I'd say, if you just need a place to hit the hay for the night, this place is just fine. Room was clean but public areas and corridors could be better. Would we stay again? Definitely, if we needed an overnighter near the airport.

Room Tip: Most rooms face away from the highway, so try to get one of these. There's no lift so don't...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Perth
Reviewed September 10, 2011

After arriving at Perth airport at 23:30, picking up hire car, going to the motel & unloading my disabled sister, I we had not collected her walking aid with our baggage! a 10km round trip had the walking aid located, collected & me back in the sanctity of our room.
We crawled into bed & the next thing we knew it was 09:30. The bed looked untouched! We had literally fell asleep as we lay down. The location was perfect, the room comffortable, the reception staff obliging & we were very, very happy we had chosen to stay with Formula 1.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Carnarvon, Australia
Reviewed September 8, 2011

Just to have a kettle in the room so we could have made a coffee in the morning (we brought own provisions) would have been nice. I realize Formule 1 offers basic accomodation but I would rather a kettle than have a TV in the room.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Redcliffe
East Perth
Hay Street Traveller's Inn

Been to Ibis Budget Perth Airport? Share your experiences!