“Great location near the Airport and very comfortable”
Review of Airport Apartments

Airport Apartments
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Redcliffe
Sydney, Australia
“Great location near the Airport and very comfortable”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Very clean and comfortable hotel, great location near the airport if transiting or early flights. A home from home with all the facilities you need. Staff were very helpful with easy check in and check out, which is great when you are tires after travelling. Would certainly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Simon H
Jason P, General Manager at Airport Apartments, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Good Morning

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our hotel. We value everyone's feedback as it is important to us so that we can always improve.

It was a pleasure to read that we were able to be the home away from home as that is what we are striving for. "More than just a room".

Once again thank you for your comments.

Jason

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

stayed in the standard and courtyard 2bedroom apartment during my trip. the courtyard apt seemed to be bigger thus more comfy.

called them upon arrival for the shuttle and the airport 1 carplate van will come for pickup abt 10-15mins.

the apartment looks like its brand new equipped w ikea kitchen utilities.

Their wifi is the fast n tv hv disney channel which the kids loves.

There is a tavern & fuel station nearby for food if needed to get some food urgently.

its 20-30mins bus ride to city with 4 bus running at the bus stop nearby. So we took the bus to Adelaide Tce to pick our bayswater car rental. Did similarly when return car n took their airport shuttle back to airport. Great savings!

nearest coles is abt 7km away 10mins drive.

highly recommended for everyone!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Good Morning

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your experience at our hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive any comments about people's experiences both positive and negative as we are always striving to do better. We are focused on customer service and offering everything we can to our guests.

I will ensure your comments are passed onto our team as they always enjoy reading that their efforts are very much appreciated.

Once again my sincerest thanks for you taking the time to comment.

Crewe, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Stayed one night as we had an early flight to Sydney the next day and didn't want to get caught up in early morning rush hour traffic on the day. Great service, clean, well appointed apartments, we had a 2 bed each with ensuite, very comfortable beds, washing machine and tumble dryer which were very welcome as we were on a tour of Australia so we left the next morning with cases full of clean clothes! Very helpful staff and a great shuttle service to the domestic airport which was only 5 mins away. Not much to see or do around the area including places to eat but there is a facility to order take away pizzas if needed and after all they do what they say on the tin, airport apartments. Some noise from the planes but not enough to cause any issues. Good value and helped to make a stress free onwards journey to our next destination.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Good Morning

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at the hotel. It was a pleasure to read that we were able to make your stop over here in Perth a delight. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff as they all enjoy reading positive comments and it becomes a part of our ongoing training.

Once again I thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Really liked my two stays here. This spot is convenient to the airport, especially the domestic side. Not sure where in Perth one can find a more reasonable accommodation with full kitchen and laundry ensuite. Very clean. Two full baths, one is shower only. This is great for travelling with children.
The airport shuttle is outstanding. Wish I had remembered to copy the phone number down before I left home to simplify contacting them on arrival. Otherwise, pickup and drop off are quite easy. Most of the office folks are extremely helpful and friendly. One helped me get to the mobile phone store to get my sim card to cooperate. She even price checked and located a reasonable gps for me to buy. So much better than renting one and she found it for me in about a minute.
The neighborhood looks a bit hairy, but probably not as bad as it seems. There is a small grocery around the corner with most everything one might need.
I was extremely pleased with this stay and was just what we needed transferring to and from Perth.

Room Tip: If you have a lot of luggage, ground floor is probably better as there is no lift.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank jlayk
Good Morning

Thank you very much for your comments and sharing your experience with us at the hotel. I know the staff get great pleasure from reading positive reviews.

I was very happy to read that the shuttle was provided and that it was there at your request. The hotel and the team prides itself on being able to offer a superior service to ensure everyone's experience at the hotel is of the highest order.

Once again thank you for taking the time to respond.

Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at these apartments for 3 nights as we arrived into perth airport very late and just wanted to sleep. They pick you up from the airport with your heavy bags, and when we arrived into our apartment we were very impressed by the standard and cleanliness and how big it was with only 15 mins on the bus into city centre would defo recommend these apartments.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Jason P, General Manager at Airport Apartments, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us of your stay. I will be taking your comments to our team. We always love to hear that someones stay was to the expectations that we are striving for.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed June 6, 2014

Very clean, nicely furnished, well-equipped spacious apartments. Appropriately named and perfect for that purpose. I booked this because it was close to the airport and offers free shuttle mini-bus transfers to and from the airport. The transfers are said to be available 24/7, but I note that other travellers have had problems with overnight transfers. I had to wait a while for pick-up because the bus was stuck in the airport traffic, and I had to go to the airport the next morning an hour early because their mini-bus "was booked in for a service" when I wanted to go. But hey, it saved me taxi money so I was cool with that.
The apartments are situated in a light-industrial, somewhat seedy area. Next-door was a scaffolding company, and if you go for a walk you pass tattoo parlours, pole-dancing pubs etc. There is nowhere nearby to buy groceries or have a decent meal. But the kitchen is very well-equipped and you can order groceries online and have them delivered on the day of your arrival – the owner will take care of the delivery for you. I was only there overnight, and I read other reviews about there being no shops nearby so I made sure I had a couple of muesli bars with me for breakfast. (Remember if you are arriving in Perth by plane you can't bring fruit through the airport with you.)
I was a bit disappointed that the outdoor patio of my apartment was not private - each patio area is screened by knee-high bushes and all face into the centre pathway between the two main buildings. But otherwise I was very happy with the apartment.
For an overnight stay between flights this place is perfect - pleasant, clean, well-equipped and extremely convenient. I would not recommend it for somewhere to stay in Perth, unless you have a car and simply use it as a base, because it is a long way out of Perth and not in a very nice area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Elizabeth H
Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experience at the Airport Apartments. I am sorry that you had to wait for the transfer to pick you up. We only dispatch the vehicle for pick up when the guest calls us at the hotel. It is usually only ten minutes at the most to pick up however there are some occasions when two guests at the same time may call and they are at the Domestic and International respectively. This will unfortunately cause a wait for one of the guests. We offer transfers to and from the airport 24 hours per day.

It is disappointing that there are no restaurants within walking distance from the hotel however a five minute taxi ride down the Great Eastern Highway does provide numerous eating establishments. We are more than happy to pack the unit with any provisions that our guests desire if notice to us is given.

Once again thank you very much for your comments. We are always striving to excel in the service we provide.
Brisbane
Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

These apartments are close to the airport and are very comfortable.
However my most recent stay ( and final!) resulted in me being woken just after midnight by 2 guys laughing walking in through my front door! My case in the hallway alerted them to the fact they were not alone!
My call to reception was met by a giggle and 'sorry we didn't realise anyone was in that room!'
I wasn't squatting, had a reservation and believe the computer system should reflect this.
The 2 guys obviously were decent and left as soon as they realised the error but might not have done!

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Brizwhiz
Thank you very much for your comments. We take all of our comments very seriously. I was extremely distressed to read of your most recent stay. We take the security of our guests extremely seriously. You are correct in saying that the computer system should know where you are in the hotel. I am really disappointed in the response also that the staff member gave you. This situation has been passed onto the Rooms Division Manager so that an enforcement of the training can again be done. It is vital that these types of situations do not occur in any hotel. Once again I do thank you for your comments and bringing this to my attention.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Redcliffe
Ibis Budget Perth Airport
Pan Pacific Perth
Pan Pacific Perth
#12 of 64 in Perth
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,094 reviews

Been to Airport Apartments? Share your experiences!