“Excellent Accommodation”

Airport Apartments
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Redcliffe
“Excellent Accommodation”
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at these apartments for 3 nights as we arrived into perth airport very late and just wanted to sleep. They pick you up from the airport with your heavy bags, and when we arrived into our apartment we were very impressed by the standard and cleanliness and how big it was with only 15 mins on the bus into city centre would defo recommend these apartments.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Jason P, General Manager at Airport Apartments, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us of your stay. I will be taking your comments to our team. We always love to hear that someones stay was to the expectations that we are striving for.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed June 6, 2014

Very clean, nicely furnished, well-equipped spacious apartments. Appropriately named and perfect for that purpose. I booked this because it was close to the airport and offers free shuttle mini-bus transfers to and from the airport. The transfers are said to be available 24/7, but I note that other travellers have had problems with overnight transfers. I had to wait a while for pick-up because the bus was stuck in the airport traffic, and I had to go to the airport the next morning an hour early because their mini-bus "was booked in for a service" when I wanted to go. But hey, it saved me taxi money so I was cool with that.
The apartments are situated in a light-industrial, somewhat seedy area. Next-door was a scaffolding company, and if you go for a walk you pass tattoo parlours, pole-dancing pubs etc. There is nowhere nearby to buy groceries or have a decent meal. But the kitchen is very well-equipped and you can order groceries online and have them delivered on the day of your arrival – the owner will take care of the delivery for you. I was only there overnight, and I read other reviews about there being no shops nearby so I made sure I had a couple of muesli bars with me for breakfast. (Remember if you are arriving in Perth by plane you can't bring fruit through the airport with you.)
I was a bit disappointed that the outdoor patio of my apartment was not private - each patio area is screened by knee-high bushes and all face into the centre pathway between the two main buildings. But otherwise I was very happy with the apartment.
For an overnight stay between flights this place is perfect - pleasant, clean, well-equipped and extremely convenient. I would not recommend it for somewhere to stay in Perth, unless you have a car and simply use it as a base, because it is a long way out of Perth and not in a very nice area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Elizabeth H
Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experience at the Airport Apartments. I am sorry that you had to wait for the transfer to pick you up. We only dispatch the vehicle for pick up when the guest calls us at the hotel. It is usually only ten minutes at the most to pick up however there are some occasions when two guests at the same time may call and they are at the Domestic and International respectively. This will unfortunately cause a wait for one of the guests. We offer transfers to and from the airport 24 hours per day.

It is disappointing that there are no restaurants within walking distance from the hotel however a five minute taxi ride down the Great Eastern Highway does provide numerous eating establishments. We are more than happy to pack the unit with any provisions that our guests desire if notice to us is given.

Once again thank you very much for your comments. We are always striving to excel in the service we provide.
Brisbane
Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

These apartments are close to the airport and are very comfortable.
However my most recent stay ( and final!) resulted in me being woken just after midnight by 2 guys laughing walking in through my front door! My case in the hallway alerted them to the fact they were not alone!
My call to reception was met by a giggle and 'sorry we didn't realise anyone was in that room!'
I wasn't squatting, had a reservation and believe the computer system should reflect this.
The 2 guys obviously were decent and left as soon as they realised the error but might not have done!

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Brizwhiz
Thank you very much for your comments. We take all of our comments very seriously. I was extremely distressed to read of your most recent stay. We take the security of our guests extremely seriously. You are correct in saying that the computer system should know where you are in the hotel. I am really disappointed in the response also that the staff member gave you. This situation has been passed onto the Rooms Division Manager so that an enforcement of the training can again be done. It is vital that these types of situations do not occur in any hotel. Once again I do thank you for your comments and bringing this to my attention.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 26, 2014

We had booked Verandah Airport Apartments for a night stay on 18/5/2014 but received an email later of a different address.
We collected our rental car after touch down and drove to the given address.When we arrived, we learnt that there was a change of management and its now name Airport Apartment by Aurum Accommodation & Rooms. We had booked 2 apartments with 2 bedrooms.
Quite a number of the apartments were empty when we were there. I would say the apartments were neat & clean. Nothing to complain about as its only for a night & we set off early the next morning.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Jason P, General Manager at Airport Apartments, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you very much for your comments. At Airport Apartments we take all comments very seriously. I have noted your comments regarding the name of the hotel. This is recent and hopefully the name will not be an issue in the coming months as the internet allows the old name to be pushed to the background. Thank you for your comments in regards to the rooms being neat and clean.

Once again we appreciate your comments and hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Regards

Jason
St. Moritz, Switzerland
Reviewed May 20, 2014

We had given them our ETA and they wrote that we have to call once we have our luggage and they will be there in a short time, as they would not be able to await upon our Arrival. Well we did so and called (we had to use our international phone thus an expensive call) just to be told that the shuttle is at the international Airport and we would have to wait. Well, we did not want to wait so long in pouring rain after a thunderstorm, means we had to take a taxi. However at the taxi stand, nowbody knew the Hotel, as we had the previous chain name, nobody had told us that this had changed meanwhile. Thus not a very favourable first Impression. The shuttle Service the next morning back to the Airport however did work well.
The Apartments are big and clean and have an ensuite bathroom for each of the rooms. WiFi was good and complimentary. There is a washer and dryer in each Apartment, a real Advantage when traveling.
Disadvantage is that there are no Restaurants in the area and no Shops where you could buy something to prepare your dinner in your Apartment. As it was heavily raining, we went to the Redcliffe Tavern, the only place we found offering Food. Well, it's a TAB place with tabledance and Billard and a rather unusual athmosphere. Food there was not bad, but not good either.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Jason P, General Manager at Airport Apartments, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your stay at the Airport Apartments. The hotel does take all of the feedback both negative and positive very seriously. We use all of the feedback to review and ensure that we only improve our service for future guests to the hotel.

Thank you very much for your kind words about the apartments themselves. Your comments will be passed on to the housekeeping team as cleanliness is extremely important to us. We are happy that the facilities in the apartment were to your satisfaction.

It was disappointing that the shuttle did not meet your expectations. It was unfortunate that there were two transfers happening at the same time as your arrival. The international airport is 12 minutes from the hotel while the domestic airport is three minutes from the hotel. The shuttle is complimentary and while we try and pick up everyone on time it does happen every now and then when we do ask our guests to wait until the vehicle can get to the destination which will cause a few minutes delay.

My sincerest apology that the name of the hotel has changed. The Airport Apartments name has been logged with all of the travel agents and online travel agents but unfortunately we are waiting for the old names to come down from the internet. I will ensure that our staff are much more vigilant in explaining the name to our guests.

Once again thank you for your comments we do very much appreciate them.
Scotland
Reviewed April 29, 2014

My wife and I recently spent three nights at the apartments. Whilst the apartments are clean and comfortable, our stay was spoilt by poor and potentially dangerous customer service. The apartments advertise a free airport shuffle service to the airport. We were due to fly out of Perth early in the morning so booked the shuttle service for 3.00am. This was written down in reception and we were told to be at reception a few minutes early. We turned up at reception at 2.45am to find it locked. There was a sign in the window with a phone number for the duty manager who "is available 24/7" we phoned the number a several times and got no reply. There was also a mobile number for guests to use. We phoned this number several times again no reply. We left an urgent message but still no response. After waiting for nearly half an hour we contacted a local taxi firm who sent a cab for us. I have since contacted the apartments by email complaining of the service but received no reply. It is bad enough that we were not taken to the airport, but in the case of a medical or security emergency it is impossible to get any help from the staff.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
7 Thank Allen111
Thank you for your email. As stated directly, Thankfully your comment was noted on Tripadvisor due to the incorrect email address being used for your comments. The email was sent to the previous management company and hence there was no reply as they6 are no longer at the hotel. I understand that you were left with no alternative, if only I had known what the issue was beforehand, I would have emailed you a response straight away.

We are very serious here at the hotel about staff and guest safety and we are also very proud of the product that we provide to our guests. As you have no doubt seen on websites such as Trip Advisor that we do not normally have issues with our transport of guests to the airport however on this occasion we let you and your family down.

Your feedback has been forwarded on to the Rooms Division Manager so that training can be enforced to ensure that this does not happen again. The staff are aware of the importance of this service and this will be retrained.

As stated before we take all feedback seriously and we are always trying to ensure that we deliver what we promise.
Albany, Australia
Reviewed April 28, 2014

As a couple with friends we chose this accommodation due to the location close to the airport as we had an early flight on our way to Broome & then stayed here on our flight back before heading home after our holiday. My husband had to check in early due to his flights from work & the Check-in staff were friendly and efficient allowing him to access our room at 10.30am. Room provided a huge area to move with 2 couples for our quick overnighter with large living/dining/kitchen area, 2 ensuite bedrooms (1 with washing machine & dryer) plus outdoor BBQ area or balcony on top floors. Was reasonably priced compared to others in this area. We had our own cars for obtaining our evening meal. The bottle is next street near the servo for any other needs. This is a large complex of apartments with no noise from planes so had a great sleep in a comfy bed but only downfall is no a/c or fans in bedrooms which makes rooms a little stuffy. On our second stay requested extra milk & towels with no question at all. Would definitely recommend a stay here if travelling via airport & we will stay here again. Thanks for a clean, tidy & relaxing stopover.

Room Tip: Room 17 but they all seem to have same layout