“Bad service kills everything else--and everything else is excellent”
Review of Martini's Grille

Martini's Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Martini's Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 86 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Let me start by saying we've lived in town for 3 years. I purposely have waited to review Martini's to give it multiple opportunities, because frankly I've been disappointed every time I've visited.

Let me explain with some rankings, cumulatively in the 4 times I've been here:

Atmosphere---12/10---yes I said 12/10....it's a fantastic place......this is the neatest establishment in the midwest, including Chicago, St Louis, KC, Minneapolis/St Paul. Hands down this place is the best.

Food---10/10---I've never ranked a place this high; especially over time. It's that good. Last time there I had a bone in ribeye. Ohhhh...Myyyyy...Gawddd.......if I could have eaten the bone I would have.

Drinks----10/10-----Martini selection is awesome!!!

Value-----we're starting to slip...because value is more than the food and atmosphere. 7/10. I don't mind paying high end prices. I do mind begging wait staff to assist me......literally standing up in the aisle and begging.....

Service----gotta be fair here. If the food is 12/10, the service is -2/10....yes, a negative 2 out of 10. Let me give you an example.......standing at the bar, with 2 other patrons......this is a large bar.....I counted 6 bartenders or wait staff behond the bar....I waited north of 15 minutes the last time I was in there.....remember, 6 wait staff and 3 patrons. The other two left Martini's because they were so upset. I waited because I was meeting people. Every visit I've had has been like this....from getting drinks, to food, to bad attitudes. On the last trip I actually had a bartender scoff at me for asking if I could get a drink...then went back to complaining with his cronies about management.

Sorry, Martini's....you have a great place there, and I'll try it every 6 months or so...but I would be a monthly regular if you had a better customer service system.

1  Thank Joe F

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Beautiful view of river and good food in downtown Burlington up on the bluff overlooking the Mississippi. Pretty room, all glass

Reviewed November 24, 2012

A little pricey but for a couple who wants atmosphere and great food this is a must do. The Panorama view from the building looks out from a bluff right over the Mississippi River and the Great River Bridge in Burlington.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I ordered the Thai Shrimp, was very good but very spicy. I wasn't expecting that much spice. Couldn't finish it as my mouth was on fire. However, my husband had Steak Bruschetta which is his favorite and he said it was awesome:-) I like the atmosphere also, as it over looks the Mississippi River with exceptional views.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Just 3 words, awful, boring and tasteless describe the menu items you will find there. I had more flavor at Mcdonalds! The decor is very generic looking and there is no real ambiance except for the river. My water glass had lipstick marks and took almost another 10 minutes to get a new one. Just very disappointing overall.