“pleasure trip” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Burlington

Super 8 Burlington
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Burlington

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Letts, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

we had a clean comfortable room. i was afriad it would be a disappointment but was pleasantly surprised!! the staff was friendly and helpful. it was quiet, and a great nights sleep. you get your moneys worth here!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
      Location
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
super8burlingtoniowa, General Manager at Super 8 Burlington, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
I wanted to thank you for your kind response and I am glad to hear your stay was super. We appreciate your business and we will continue to strive to make your stay as pleasant as the last one. Call us whenever you are going to be in our area and we will be happy to ensure we always have a room for you.

Best Regards,
Carol Makoui
Kalamazoo, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

The towels were stained, and there were little black curly hairs all over the bathroom when I checked in. Even after the maid came to clean while I was at work, this was not cleaned. I had to stay here for a few weeks for work, and it never improved.

The WORST part of this hotel is its proximity to a factory next door, which runs a machine 24 hours a day that makes a loud, rhythmic stamping sound which cannot be drowned out even with two fans running. It gave me anxiety and I could not sleep.

The staff was indifferent at best, and occasionally downright rude. When I asked for a new key one evening (if you stay for more than a week, the keycards reset), the woman at the desk acted put out and offended when I interrupted her watching TV. Even after a few attempts at friendly conversation I barely managed to get a grunt of acknowledgement from her.

Only some of the rooms have microwaves. The beds are hard, the comforters feel like plastic, and even the non-smoking hallways reek of smoke. The wifi was so slow I had to wait until I got home to write this review. My advice is if you need a place to stay in Burlington, stay anywhere other than this. I would rather sleep in my car

Room Tip: You can't hear the factory noise quite as badly in rooms on the same side of the building as the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
super8burlingtoniowa, General Manager at Super 8 Burlington, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
I am so very sorry you felt your stay was the worst stay ever. From your response in your opinion we dropped the ball on pretty much everything. I do apoligize as I and my staff work extremely hard and strive to ensure all of our guests have a great stay. We fell short in alot of areas you addressed and i want you to know I am very disappointed first of all to know that I was not even aware of this until your response on this blog. My hopes is that you will give us another try. I want to ensure you my team and I have had discussions over your dissatisfaction. We certainly are human, we make mistakes, I want you to know your business is extremely valuble to me, my property my company and I hope the next time you are in my area please take a chance and give us another chance to make things right.

I appreciate your frankness and hope to see you again when your in the Burlington area again.
Best Regards, Carol Makoui, General Manager.