“"Nice Hotel in great location"”
Review of Super 8 Burlington

Super 8 Burlington
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Burlington
Avon, Illinois, United States
“"Nice Hotel in great location"”
Reviewed October 30, 2011

This place is clean and the price is right:) Definatly would stay again!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
super8burlingtoniowa, General Manager at Super 8 Burlington, responded to this review, December 2, 2011
Dear Tire Guy -
I personally thank you for all your kind words for not only my property but also my staff. We work extremely hard to ensure each one of our guests is given the very best service and accommodations possible. I do value your business and do agree we have had problems with our internet. The positive thing about all of this is we are in the process of securing an internet provider that just like us we are their customers and need to get the satisfaction needed to ensure my guests, as yourself have one less thing to have to worry about when traveling away from home and need the service and usage of the internet whether to complete items for business needs or just for leisure usage.

Thank you again as I do value your patronage and we look forward to having you as one of our preferred guests.

Thank you.
Carol Makoui, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Eastern Iowa
Reviewed September 16, 2011

My job had me returning to Burlington every Monday for the last couple years. In that time I always found the staff great to work with. At my request I always asked for the same room. That way I knew exactly how to set the control on the AC, shower etc and not have to try to get it set right.. I am in customer service so I expect the same type of service I give my customers. In all ways and at all times the staff and facility met my expectations. I too had some problems with the internet but out of all the time I used it there were problems maybe less than 10% of the time. My employer gave me the option of going to a larger hotel with pool and hottub. I stuck with the Super 8. It's nice to be treated like family on check in or check out.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
I wanted to say thank you for your nice compliments of my staff. I really am proud of them and am so happy to hear that they treated you professionally and were accommodating to your needs. My belief has always been, you as the guest are the most valuble person, we should treat you the way we expect to be treated and you pay our paycheck. It is our responsibility to ensure you have the best stay ever, are treated with the utmost repect and overall you have a super stay.
I really value your business and thank you so very much for the nice compliments. I will be sure to express to my staff what a super job they did, and we look forward to having you stay with us again soon. Please feel free to call me as I will be happy to book any future reservations and assist you furture.

Thank you.
Franklin, Illinois, USA
Reviewed September 8, 2011

The hotel was clean, but the room was extremely small. The breakfast area is small and breakfast is "minimal". However, the price was right and we just needed a clean place to shower and sleep. Getting to any room involves climbing steps ( no elevator). There are 3 levels: one a half-flight down, another a half-flight up, and another above that.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
I wanted to thank you for your response. We are in alot of guests eyes considered a basic hotel. Our complimentary breakfast is considered basic also. Super8 Worldwide is finalizing a complimentary breakfast which we are all very excited about. We will be delivering the highest quality of breakfast items for you the guest and what will be even better is we will be very consisent so when you visit Super 8's from location to location you will be receiving a consistent breakfast along with a "Super 8 Stay".
I really value your business and I do look forward to the next time you are in our area. We will continue to strive to ensure your expectations are exceeded and know I am always available to help assist or just welcome you back.
Have a Super Day.
Galesburg, Illinois
Reviewed August 3, 2011

The location was perfect for what we needed. It is right next door to Fun City but cost about half of the amount that a room at Fun City would've cost. Everyone was fantastic! The girl who made my reservations went out of her way to accommodate us and she made sure we got the lowest rate possible. Upon checking in, the night clerk called our room to see if we needed anything and if the room was in proper order. Everyone including the housekeeping staff was a joy to be around, they all have a very positive attitude.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank tbaby66
Prairie City, Iowa
Reviewed July 24, 2011

I am stayed in this hotel on previous jobs and I keep returning. The breakfast in the morning is average. The bed is average. The room has a fridge and microwave. There is a factory on the east side that can be loud and work through the night. Overall this is a fine hotel to spend a night.

Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
super8burlingtoniowa, General Manager at Super 8 Burlington, responded to this review, November 20, 2015
I wanted to thank you for your patronage. we appreciate your business and will continue to work hard to earn your business. Thank you and hope you have a great holiday.
Best Regards.
Hillsboro, Iowa
Reviewed February 10, 2011

When we got there we got their "last smoking room" (which I didn't know they could do that anymore, but hey I wasn't going to complain.) We walked into the room, it was not cleaned, there was used razors on the counter, a big gulp on the end table, and the bed was a mess. So we went back to the counter, they apoligized, gave us a discount and got us another room. The rooms are very very basic. Nothing special. But the bed was very comfortable so that made me happy. We had originally hoped to get a room at Catfish Bend or Pazazz but they were booked. This little hotel is in a good location, and a huge price difference so that was nice. However the "breakfast" was a dissapointment. I walked past it, and went to Mc Donalds.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Zkitells
GeneralManager026, General Manager at Super 8 Burlington, responded to this review, February 21, 2011
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our Super 8. Our apologies for the mix up in rooms, we are thankful we were able to get you into the room type requested.

I do appreciate your kind words about the comfort of the bed and I hope the service met your needs. I was disappointed to hear you felt our breakfast was a disappointment. We are continually working to better our breakfast, if you have any suggestions to include on our breakfast, let us know.

Thank you for recommending our Super 8 and for your patronage.
Lawrence, KS
Reviewed March 18, 2010

I travel to Burlington, Iowa, once or twice a year during the summer, usually in July or August. I have stayed at the Super 8 on these trips since 2006. The staff is generally friendly and the hotel is clean and well-maintained. It is what it is: a Super 8, not the Ritz Carlton. The hotel is located right off the main highway and there are plenty of restaurants nearby. The main negative is spotty internet access: sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. On my most recent trip (July 2009) it worked fine.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
TaraInn, Manager at Super 8 Burlington, responded to this review, March 26, 2010
Thank you taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your loyal business.
I would like to apologize for the interruption with the internet service you have experienced. We have researched the issue and have upgraded our system. If you experience any future problems please contact me while you are on property so we may address it immediately. When your travels bring you back to the Burlington area; it would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again.