“Average Fairfield Inn”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Burlington
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Burlington
Reviewed October 28, 2010

I stayed here one night on a business trip and it was adequate. The staff was friendly and the room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was good. No major complaints except the shower tub did not drain and filled up with water. The hotel is showing some wear and could use some minor remodeling. The location is not convenient for restaurants or shopping.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
AmyHarrison, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your recent stay with us. I apologize that the shower drain did not work adequately. Even though your stay was in October I researched the room and made sure it was properly fixed.
I am also excited to share with you that we will be going through a renovation this Spring on all our guest room furniture. It is a more modern look than what we currently have. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future. Enjoy your day.

Reviewed August 31, 2010

My Fiancé and I stayed at this hotel while in town for his sister’s birthday. She had blocked rooms for wedding guests, but by the time we called the rooms were all booked. The hotel upgraded us to a Junior Suite for the wedding room rate.

All of the rooms we saw including ours were very nice, well kept and clean. We had no problems during our stay and quite enjoyed ourselves.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel on Tripadvisor. We love reading such wonderful comments. We strive to make each guests stay enjoyable and relaxing. We look forward to accommodating you again on your next visit to Burlington. Have a great weekend!

Reviewed June 29, 2010

This is not a hotel to excite in any way. The rooms were ok, the facilities ok the service was great at check in, but at check out all the staff were on the front step having a smoke and a chat. Breakfast . . . ok. Location seemed remote to me and you'd need a car to get around, not really walking territory, but there are shops, restaurants and malls in the vicinity and nice towns with more upmarket stuff nearby. Parking is extremely plentiful. Internet was free. Got a pretty decent rate on hotwire or priceline, so happy enough overall.

Just don't expect action, excitement and really wild things.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cpagia
Reviewed February 7, 2010

My Team decided to stay at this hotel because the rate at the Pzazz was very high. We were right across the street from the Pzazz and only paid a fraction of the cost. Breakfast was good especially the hot waffle maker. They booked all our rooms on the same floor and even offered a later check out because our game wasnt until 11am. The staff was very proactive and accommodating. I can tell this hotel is managed right! We already booked our next dates with Fairfield Inn & Suites.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 12, 2008

Went there in June at last minute for family emergency. Chose them due to brand name.

The tub drained very slowly, stood in inches of water, there was no night light, the bath sink was broken-late at night I had to crawl under the sink to fix the drain. The stopper had dropped into the drain and the lever did not work. Not a big deal unless you need to use the sink (sarcasm = ON). There were not enough outlets for modern day-laptop, 2 cell phones, GPS charger...I had the foresight to bring The Squid, so I was prepared for that.

However, the worst thing was, the Saturday night we were there the hotel had girl's softball teams from all over Iowa. They ran wild, hollering and yelling, with no parental controls for hours. There was no security to speak of, so we were stuck-at 11pm at night with a 6am plane to catch 2 hours away. What kind of parents would not discipline children to realize they are in a place with other people and respecting them is important.

If you are going, see if there are events with young kids there-large groups of them. It made for an awful experience.

I would not recommend this place unless there is no where else. And the rooms were overpriced.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed September 20, 2008

They seemed so nice during our stay that I am utterly stunned at this maneuver. I was absolutetly shocked to see that Fairlfield Inn & Suites in Burlington Iowa charged an additional $250 to my bank card. I called to question the charge and they said we had smoked in our room. We had adjoining rooms with my children and I assured them there was no smoking. She said it was our room number. They said they have photos of cigarette butts in the trash can and another photo of the room number. They said they will send photos in the next 5-7 business days. I called Marriott customer service department and they said they will ask the hotel to review the situation. My husband and I do not smoke and nor do my children!!! Even if I did, would I be so stupid as to leave cigarette butts in the trash can when it is clearly posted as a non-smoking room!?!?! I feel as though they feel they can get away with this because I am in Florida and they are in Iowa. I intend to get to the bottom of this.

Diann

Stayed: September 2008
2  Thank diannsi
Reviewed July 9, 2008

We've stayed at the Fairfield Inn for the last two years when we go back to visit family in Burlington. We have had nothing but great experiences both times, and the hotel has always been very accommodating with our son (18 mos). The staff is courteous and friendly, our room has always been clean and tidy, and the free breakfast is a great addition to the stay. The hotel is also in a centralized location on Roosevelt Avenue, near restaurants, shopping, and Fun City. It's a super value, and we will be back next year!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family