“good hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Burlington
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Burlington
Reviewed January 28, 2014

The hotel location is great. The room we stayed in was updated and clean. The pool area was a bit of a disappointment but my son still had fun. The breakfast area was large and clean. Overall, it was a good hotel for the price. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ChristyL112
HIEBRGIAGM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Hello ChristyL112! I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your review! We always aim to provide the best accommodations for our guests and are pleased to hear we provided great service to you! Though you were disappointed with our pool area, we do appreciate the feedback! Your opinion matters to us and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed November 2, 2013

When we walked in the door, we were hit by an overwhelming wave of chlorine from the pool. Always dislike being greeted by that kind of odor, but it was after our "cancel reservation by" time, so we stayed anyway. Desk clerk was VERY friendly and engaging, and our interaction with her was the highlight of our stay. Went to the "all hours" coffee service - and it was all stone cold. Room was clean and comfy. Every piece of carpet in the place (hallways and rooms) seems designed to throw you into immediate convulsions - those incredibly disorienting patterns. Breakfast had something we'd never run into before - a pancake machine. Put your plate under the hopper, push a button, and it fries pancakes and deposits them on your plate. I'm scared, mommy.

All in all, it was truly OK. Nothing to write home about, but thought we'd write about it here anyway.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
HIEBRGIAGM, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us on the site. We appreciate your valuable feedback and your suggestions. Of course we strive to make every Guest experience a positive and memorable one and disappointed that we were not able to do this for you.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

I stay here periodically for work. Hotel is conveniently located on main highway through town. Fitness center is minimal. The equipment is True brand which is mediocre. I was in a non-smoking room. However, I could occasionally smell smoke as I think was above a smoking room. Why are smoking rooms are on the first floor? Doesn't smoke rise?

Room Tip: If you don't like smoking, request a room away from the smoking rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Dear UncleSamTraveler,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your review is vital for improving the service and quality we offer to our valued guest. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge or give points for improvement. I apologize for the inconvenience the room assigned to you may have caused. We hope to get the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future. Thank you once again for your valuable comment, and if you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I felt this hotel was under maintained and poorly equipped. It was noting special to begin with but you at least expect things to work and it to be bug free. There were several bugs found in different locations and i reported this to the desk. Also the mechanical flusher on the toilet was malfunctioning and had to be re-attached several times. And the stool was loosely attached to the floor! Anyway if you have a choice move down the road and see if you can do better..

Room Tip: Try another hotel......
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank bigdogroad
Johnathan F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Dear Valued Guest

I do realize that you had issues with your stay here and when learning of this that morning I assure you all those issues have been resolved. Your rooms mechanical issues have been 100 percent fixed. These issues we sometimes don't see tell guest like you bring them to our attention. Thank you for using tripadvisor and hope you have a great day.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights for a wedding. We checked into our room later on a Friday evening and were staying for a wedding with a large group of people. We had just walked into the room when my husband when into the bathroom there were dirty towels hanging on the back of the door and someones dirty black song laying on the floor. We called the front desk and the clerk said she would make a note of it and that was all she said. We then noticed stains on the sheet. When we checked out, I asked the front desk lady about the room due to the sock and dirty towels and what I had been told when I called down and she had no record of it. I had to ask for a little consideration since I expected to have been told they would switch our rooms instead I got $10 off my stay. Extremely disappointed!!! I won't stay there again. We would have otherwise enjoyed our stay being so close to the casino.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank WD3803
Johnathan F, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Dear Valued Guest

I am deeply troubled by the conditions of your room. We take great pride in making sure we offer a clean and comfortable surroundings. Im very sorry that we didn't meet your needs. To make sure we do offer what I stated above its feed back from you that help us look for our mistakes. I thank you for your stay and your feed back. Take care and have a wonderful year.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Friendly staff, comfortable room and bedding. While we ended up being happy enough with the stay, there is one small thing: in the bathroom there was an accretion of other people's curly hairs along the baseboard. It took me under one minute to pull out a couple of Lysol wipes and clean this up but as we all know, this sets travelers' teeth on edge. After that I noticed that the tile entryway was dusty, with a little debris. Note to housekeeping staff everywhere: please, always check the baseboards and corners for nasty bits. This is the one thing that can color a guest's opinion faster than anything. HAVING SAID THAT, we felt that the rest of the room was quite clean, so perhaps the poor maid was forgetful or slightly distracted or whatever. We cut her some slack and left a tip anyway. (The ledges on the lamp were dusted, another thing I usually notice.) One thing we learned: if there is a bar to hold onto at the side of the tub, use it. My sister has very short legs and after getting out of the shower didn't realize the side of the tub was as high as it was. I heard an almighty THUD as she slammed into the bathroom door, which was only, like, 18 inches away. Luckily. So beware. Anyway, we would stay there again, we did end up being happy with the stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Moniquepeep
Johnathan F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Thank you for taken the time to visit Trip Advisor. I would like to start by apologizing for your room not being perfect. We pride ourselves on offering clean and comfortable rooms. We also pride our selves on offering a great service. I'm glad you recommended us and would say here again. Thank you for your stay and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I stayed here in June on the first night of a three day road trip up the Great River Road. We checked in after a long day of travel and were happy with our stay.

Check in was painless - the front desk clerk was really nice and competent. We had to wait a while because of the people in front being slow, but that's not her fault.

The room was clean and spacious, and I slept very well. We didn't get up in time to get a lot of breakfast but my traveling partner liked the cinnamon rolls we were able to get.

All in all this was a great stay and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. This was my first time in Burlington and they set the stage for a great day of travel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ASmith1908
Johnathan F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Thank you for your kind words on Trip Advisor. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We take great measures to make sure our check in times are not to long but are on a personal and professional level. Those rolls you speak of are delicious and its hard to resist them. I look forward and hope you visit the beautiful city of Burlington again.