“Great weekend getaway”
Review of Pzazz Resort Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Burlington
Pzazz Resort Hotel
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Burlington
Philadephia, MO
“Great weekend getaway”
Reviewed February 16, 2011

We stayed at the Pzazz Resort Hotel the weekend of February 11 and had a great time! It is hard for me to think of one negative thing.
Hotel Room – We had a room with 2 queen beds, a mini fridge and a microwave. It was nicely decorated and clean. The beds don't sleep like home but do they ever? The wireless internet service was fast also.
Indoor Water park – Lots to keep my two kids 6 and 3 busy for a solid two hours. They never really took a break. The play area for small children had ample things to do. The two large water slides were great. I liked the tube slide the best. My son is 6 years old and he was able to go down both slides even though he is not a strong swimmer. The height requirements are on their website. Plenty of life jackets are available for his age also. I would also like to compliment the life guards in the slide area. They were very attentive and friendly. One even jumped in the pool to help my son when the water was deeper than we thought. Also, the water was warm!
Arcade – Plenty of variety in games. The tickets are generous and the prizes are actually good prizes. The lines for the ticket counter machines were long but when the tickets are generous that is to be expected.
Go-Carts – There are two-seaters and Jr carts for ages around 5 years and up. The height requirement is on their website. My daughter is 3 and she was able to ride with me in the two-seater. My son rode the Jr carts a couple times. They are a lot slower than the adult carts but at least they are safe! The guys working there were friendly and helpful to the kids.
Bowling – A ton of fun with lights, music and big screens. The cost is 4.50 per game but you are paying for the lights, music and big screens. The attendant behind the counter was very nice as well.
Restaurant – We ate at the Boogaloo Café on Saturday night and the prices were reasonable. Most adult meals were around $7-$10 or $15-16 for a steak. Kid’s meals were $5. The waitress was very helpful and friendly here as well. We ate lunch in our room on Saturday since there was a microwave.
Overall, great experience and hope to go back again. The cost for the Getaway package sounds like a little much at first but it is worth it for all the activities in the complex. You never have to go outside!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank MomKatie
pzazzmanager, Guest Relations Manager at Pzazz Resort Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2011
Dear Guest,

I was ecstatic to read that you and your family had such a wonderful time! We look forward to having you as our guest again. Just a reminder, the outdoor waterpark opens for the season Memorial Day weekend. It is definitely an attraction not to be missed! See you soon!

Nichole Killoren

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Auburn Hills
Reviewed February 13, 2011

1). The second night of my stay, I arrived in the room to sleep founding the bed not done yet. On the bed a message: "I cannot make your bed because you left your personal belonging on it and I cannot touch them". My personal belonging was my pijama, that was folded on the cusion. No one had told me about this rule and the person could have taken the cusion from the bed w/o touching the pijama (if there is a real willingness to make the bed). Anyway, this is a very ridiculus rule: I come there for business and I don't want to have unnecessary problems.
2). The telephone is w/o any label: how to understand to use the keys?
3). The toilet paper support was not well put on the wall. Impossible to be used and the paper on the floor ...

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank ciccioAuburnHills
pzazzmanager, Guest Relations Manager at Pzazz Resort Hotel, responded to this review, March 3, 2011
Dear Guest,

Please accept our most sincere apologizes for any inconvenience you experience during your stay. Out goal at the PZAZZ! Entertainment Complex is to provide our guests with top notch service from beginning to end. Apparently, this wasn't the case during your stay and, for that, we express regret.

It is company policy not to touch our guests' personal belongings. We wouldn't want to violate our guests' trust by moving their personal belongings from where they left them, regardless of what the item is.

What I would recommend in the future is to simply let the front desk know that it ok to tidy up the room, even if there are a few items on the bed, desk, etc. We are always happy to accommodate the needs of our visitors.

Although, yes the phone in the room is not labeled, we do have a guest service book in each room that includes a phone directory of each venue. If this was not included in your room, we apologize for the inconvenience.

And lastly, our maitenance department inspects each room on a regular basis. The toilet paper roll must have been overlooked by them upon inspection, or broken after they inspected the room. Regardless, we apologize, as we have high expectations in regards to guest satisfaction. Our maintenance staff was informed of the issue right away, and the problem has been corrected.

We warmly welcome you back anytime!

Nicki Killoren
West Branch, Iowa
Reviewed February 13, 2011

Had a wonderful experience. We asked for a fan and crib and with in minutes maintenance was at our door. We are planning on coming back in a few months.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
pzazzmanager, Guest Relations Manager at Pzazz Resort Hotel, responded to this review, February 15, 2011
Dear Guest,

We are so pleased that you chose to stay at the PZAZZ! Resort Hotel and are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience! I will be sure to pass along your very kind words to our staff. We truly look forward to the opportunity of seeing you again soon, upon your next visit to the PZAZZ Entertainment Complex!

Regrds,
Nicki Killoren
Kirkwood, Illinois
Reviewed January 24, 2011

I want to extend the biggest THANK YOU I can to Pzazz for going out of their way to give us a early check in time. I told them the situation and they listen and accomdated us. Are stay was wonderful. I can't say enough about the staff!!! Everyone was so friemdly,helpful and making are stay the best!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Galesburg, Illinois
Reviewed January 24, 2011

The stay was great A Weekend that the kids and adults can enjoy. I think its better than Chucky Cheese. Alot more things to do for the whole family.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
West Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed January 17, 2011

We were traveling on a busy holiday weekend. The hotel had a nice package deal. It wasn't cheap, but we didn't feel it was too pricey. The kids enjoyed the waterpark and the arcade. The room was nice and after the playtime, we could relax and watch TV on the nice set in the room.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank drjasonk
Illinois
Reviewed January 4, 2011

We spent the week end of CHristmas and couldn't have had a better time. The children loved the water park and the adults enjoyed bowling and the casino. Ordering pizza was so convenient . Plan to go again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family