“Hotel room”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Pzazz Resort Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Burlington
Pzazz Resort Hotel
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Burlington
Macomb, Illinois
“Hotel room”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

The Pzazz hotel room that we stayed in was extremely dated and uncomfortable. Some things that we noticed were the beds...everytime you moved, they creaked like an old wooden floor, the water pressure in the shower was like you were being sprayed with a fire hose...very rough. The hallways to the rooms were dark and super dusty. It is my hope that the updates will be made to the rooms since the pool & playrooms were updated.

Room Tip: I here the room at Catfish Bend are amazing! Stay there if you can!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
PzazzEntertainment, Guest Relations Manager at Pzazz Resort Hotel, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Thank you for your review! Your comments have been forwarded! Hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Bradford
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

Rather dated but clean and fully functional decor within the room. Free HBO channel was welcome. My visit was marred due to a family occupying several surrounding rooms and leaving their doors open and basically treating the corridor as part of their living space. To be fair as I only stayed one night and it was Christmas holiday season I didn't alert the hotel staff to the situation.
Checkout is 11am although I did get disturbed at 10 by staff wanting to clean the room. I do think they should check with management which rooms have been vacated or leave them until after the stated time.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank thackleycorner
PzazzEntertainment, Guest Relations Manager at Pzazz Resort Hotel, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at the Pzazz Resort Hotel. I will definitely share your notes about housekeeping knocking on your door at 10 am.

Thank you again!

GALESBURG
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013

The room was spotless, everything smelled brand new and clean! The bathroom was a spa so clean! They really have all the extras in the room with a nice coffee bar set up in the lobby also! We havent stayed on the fun city side of the hotel but we recomend the spa side for sure! All the staff is friendly and helpfull! I think this is the hotel for us many more times! We would recomned eating at the boogaloo cafe and sports bar compared to the edge water grill? The buffet is always over cooked very small with few choices?

Room Tip: Rooms on the spa side are 21 yrs and older so quiet clean and nice!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review! We hope to see you again very soon!

Bloomington, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

Our family stayed at Pzazz over the Thanksgiving Holiday. The buffet in the event center was great and staff was super friendly. The front desk staff was extremely accommodating and went above and beyond. The youth staff in Ballocity were also super friendly and clearly enjoyed their jobs. The female cashier at Gasoline Alley working on Saturday evening was terribly rude and unprofessional. A customer brought their receipt up as I was waiting for my order to show an error with the food she received and the cashier had a tantrum. Half of the security guards need to be fired as well. They hung around the rotunda chatting as if they were guests. A group of teens was being obnoxious; cussing and being generally inappropriate and security just stood their as if they were scared of the youth. Besides those above situations, we enjoyed it. Great food, lots to do and will definitely return.

• Stayed November 2013
PzazzEntertainment, Guest Relations Manager at Pzazz Resort Hotel, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review! We are glad you enjoyed Ballocity and that most of our staff met your needs with kindness and professionalism. The way our staff interacts with our guests is very important, so believe me when I say I'm very sorry you didn't experience that with all of them. It will be addressed if it hasn't already immediately.

Thank you again and hope to see you soon!

Metamora, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

We just took our 14 yr. old daughter and two of her friends to FunCity for her birthday over the weekend. She was so looking forward to hanging out with her friends at the indoor waterpark. Upon checking in (after driving from 2 hrs. away), we realized the waterpark was closed...permanently! They don't even have a basic indoor swimming pool. They do have other activities for kids to keep busy, i.e. Go carts, laser tag, bowling, etc. but all of which costs additional money. The waterpark was supposed to be included in the room price and we were planning on it providing countless hours of entertainment over our 2 day stay. Needless to say this trip was a big disappointment & we will not be returning again!

• Stayed November 2013
PzazzEntertainment, Guest Relations Manager at Pzazz Resort Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review. I'm very sorry your stay was a disappointing one.

Upon further investigation it looks like you booked your rooms online and reserved our Friday fun Package. If you booked through our website the reservations page at the very top has a disclaimer notifying all potential guests that the indoor waterpark is undergoing an extreme makeover and all traces of the indoor waterpark have been removed. I'm sorry if you missed that, and we understand your disappointment. :(

The $40 funcards that were included in your packages, are good for those additional activities. I hope you took advantage of those. Our call center does an amazing job explaining the ins and outs of our facility and the best packages for your dollar. I hope that you reconsider coming back and giving it another go! If you decide to, please call our call center at 866-792-9948, and they will be very happy to assist you!

Thank you again, and happy belated birthday to your daughter!
macomb, il
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

Stayed last night at the Pzazz hotel. I was surprised the room was better than expected, but only because I'd read some horrible things and people now can easily compare these to the rooms on the spa side(i noticed this could easily be confusing for people booking because if you search rooms at Catfish Spa and Inn online, room rates will pop up for the pzazz side if the spa is sold out and many will not realize they are not the more luxurious rooms.) I was afraid being on the "family friendly or party side" could be an issue, but it really wasn't a problem at all.(other than the few minutes dealing with the drunk person- see below).
The good.....the rooms are nice., beds are comfy and.clean(i always check under sheets to assure no little "bed bug marks" and there were none. There is a a hair dryer, coffee maker, mini fridge, microwave, and have free wifi. Bathroom had plenty of towels, and small shampoo, conditioner, body wash and lotion.
The bad...the price. I paid about $130 and it really is more like a room you'd get for $79 or less. I suppose it is for the experience of gambling, swimming, eating, etc without having to leave the property.
The good...there was a brawl with a drunk harassing a group of highschool basketball players and immediately there were 2 security officers, taking tthe drunk woman outside. I can only hope she was eventually asked to leave the property and she was using racial obscenities that were not to be tolerated.. They stopped it from getting out of hand. I don't blame the hotel for the drunk person, but praise them for handling it promptly and appropriate. I believe a manager then arrived as well.
The bad and my biggest complaint. When I had to go to my car at 1:30am to get some work related material, when I came back thru noticed you do not need the key to come back inside, the sliding doors just open as they do during the day.. It caught me by surprise and looked up and around to see if there were security cameras and if there are any, they are completely hidden.Safety is my number one priority and this seemed like a definite potential risk for "just about anything" to go wrong in the middle of the night. This was not the entrance near the lobby, but one off to the side and set back. The parking lot surrounded me and anyone could have snuck in. Just a scary feeling knowing someone might be now hiding in the stairwell waiting for me to come back through.
The good..Bugaloos Restaurant we ate dinner and breakfast and both were good....not a place to write home about, but very reasonable prices, good service and average food.
Overall, a good stay..

Room Tip: Make sure when booking you are aware if you are getting a room in the Pzazz hotel, or at Catfish Ben...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
PzazzEntertainment, Guest Relations Manager at Pzazz Resort Hotel, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at our facility. We do our best to provide a very positive experience to all that visit our complex!

The room prices are based on availability. We provide a multitude of packages that you may benefit from. Also, I saw you said something about work materials, if you were here, single occupancy, and on business, we have a CORP rate that would possibly help save you some money also. Please call next time you pass through and our call center staff would love to help you!

Our security staff will be pleased to know that you appreciate their service and their ability to provide a safe environment for all.

I will forward your suggestions on! Thank you again!

866.792.9948
Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

Five of us stayed at the Pzazz for our annual cousins' weekend. Four women in one room and one in a separate room (the one who snores has to get her own room :-)). I cannot emphasize enough how badly the management needs to put a wall where the glass is between the bathroom and the sleeping area! Whenever anyone had to use the bathroom, the light shined right onto the beds! And forget about any privacy at all when showering ... this might be considered a "romantic" concept for newlyweds, but for middle-aged women, it was a disaster!

The noise from the hallway was way too loud. Every person who walked by and every door that slammed (and the doors slam no matter what you do to them - that is just the way they close) sounded like it was right by the beds. Very noisy night and the hotel was not full and did not appear to have any 'parties' booked either. The beds were not very comfortable and there weren't any extra blankets in the rooms - I've rarely stayed in a hotel that didn't have at least one extra blanket in the closet or drawer.

The food left a lot to be desired. Opted out of the "free with coupon" breakfast buffet after checking out the selection and went for the 'paid' breakfast at the only other restaurant in the complex, which only served breakfast until 10:00 AM on a Sunday ... really?

We ate dinner at the aforesaid restaurant the night before and between the music being cranked up WAY too loud and the dim lighting that caused us all to use the 'flashlight' function on our cell phones to read the menus ... it was not an enjoyable meal at all. We all had splitting headaches by the time we left.

I could not recommend this hotel to anyone. It was pretty clean, and that is about the best I can say for it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank urrogers
PzazzEntertainment, Guest Relations Manager at Pzazz Resort Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review!

I do apologize that you were not told about the opaque glass wall in the rooms at the Catfish Bend Inn and Spa. Normally, the Call Center staff does an excellent job at making sure that people know about it. Especially people who are coming with more than just two people in their group.

I show you stayed on Saturday the 19th. The hotel was completely sold out and there was a wedding and soccer event that weekend. That could be contributing to the noise you experienced, and even though its difficult to control the actions of some guests, we try our best to regulate noise when we are notified that there is an issue. As for the premium bedding that is available in all our boutique suites at Catfish Bend Inn & Spa, we only have what is needed to dress the number of beds in the room. If additional blankets or bedding is desired, you may notify the front desk and they will be more than happy to get you anything you need. I urge you, next time you experience any issues please notify the front desk so they can assist. Our customers are our number one priority.

We offer two breakfast options in our facility. On a Sunday morning we offer a breakfast and brunch at the Edgewater Grille with various options. The Boogaloo Cafe also offers a made to order plated breakfast option. Both of these restaurants accept the free breakfast voucher that you received at check in. We do have a third restaurant, Gasoline Allies, that opens at 11am for lunch on Sundays.

I will definitely forward your complaints on about the Boogaloo regarding the dim lighting and the music volume.

I hope you change your mind and give our facility another chance to provide you with a positive pleasant experience. If you have any other issues do not hesitate to talk to any staff member, myself included. We are here to help.

Thank you again for your feedback!

866.792.9948