“Family Resort”
Review of Pzazz Resort Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Burlington
Pzazz Resort Hotel
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Burlington
Reviewed June 25, 2012

There are resorts and then there are family resorts. Pzazz is much more of the latter. (If you're looking for a romantic getaway, try the Catfish Bend Resort at the other end of the property). If you have kids, they'll think Pzazz is awesome, because it's attached to a water park and giant arcade (plus a casino). If you're looking for a quiet getaway, Pzazz probably isn't it.

Pluses are the number of amenities on site (mentioned above) plus restaurants, and a minor league ballpark within walking distance. Minuses are the convoluted layout (good luck finding the front door of Pzazz--I don't think it has one) and the room wings, which feature long corridors and low ceilings. The rooms themselves aren't bad, but views are of parking.

If I were traveling with youngsters, this hotel would get four stars--from the kids.

Room Tip: Second floor = a little less traffic
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank lesuerg
PzazzEntertainment, Guest Relations Manager at Pzazz Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your honest review! You are very much accurate in saying that the Pzazz is a family resort. The Catfish Bend Inn & Spa is a favorite among many of our corporate and adult only guests. Both hotels are nice, it just depends on what atmosphere you are looking for.

Thanks again,

Reviewed June 16, 2012

The rooms are overpriced, but decent rooms. I already got charged once when I reserved them in April for June with a non refundable charge - I am assuming since it was SteamBoat Days when we were going to be there. They charged my credit card again (and I didn't even show them my card when we checked in so they must have gotten it off my reservation - even after I told them I had already paid) Now I am having to go to a bunch of trouble to get the charge removed. And they only have one manager that deals with the charges and tries to talk over your head instead of just taking care of it. I will never stay there again and will take my chances with Super Eight or somewhere much less expensive. Still trying to get the charge reversed that NEVER should have been taken off my card AGAIN! SOOOOO unhappy!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
PzazzEntertainment, Guest Relations Manager at Pzazz Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Dear Guest,

Please accept our apologies regarding the issue at hand. I know it can be very stressful and inconvenient when you are overcharged and I want to thank you for at least allowing us to take action and fix the issue. We have one person handle these charges just to keep things simple and prevent additional issues regarding your billing. I also apologize that you felt you were spoken to in a negative way, but I can assure you that was not intentional and that your matter was resolved as efficiently as possible.

I hope you can allow us another chance to provide you with a fun, entertaining, and relaxing stay in our wonderful hotels!

Reviewed June 2, 2012

Paid $140 for a Saturday stay. The first room had curtain tracks fallin from ceiling and a filthy bathroom. We received a room that the clerk said he had inspected. It was worse. Carpet damp and smelly throughout. Smelled of stale smoke. Wallpaper ripped in many areas. Bathroom tile so grungy I hated to use the restroom. Furniture chipped and bedding so worn and snagged. I have donated better bedding to charities. Smelly and dirty.

Room Tip: Go to any other hotel
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Mary R

Dear Guest,

I want to apologize that the cleanliness of your room(s) were not up to your standards. It sounds as if your room was a complete and utter disaster! I understand the expectations guests have when staying at our resort. Our housekeeping department is top-notch, and they do an outstanding job at maintaining cleanliness throughout the entire facility. As for your rooms, apparently this was not the case and, for that, I am very sorry. I can assure you that this was a very rare occurrence and it will be corrected immediately.

Thank you so much for your feedback!
If you would like to discuss this matter further, please contact me!

Reviewed May 21, 2012

Stayed Friday and Sat night for baseball tourn. weekend. Had 12 year old boy. Place is a dump. I will never stay here again. Mold, scum, carpets gross, lobby furniture is so dirty you dont even want to sit on it. Stomach issues after eating in resteraunt. A Hotel Security member a real jerk to two middle age women having a cocktail, minding own business quietly at 6pm in parking lot by there car because had a cocktail of our own outside (inside concealed plastic cups with lids and straws fyi). Musty smell in room smelled of stale smoke and halls stunk. Ive never left a review on trip advisor...........but I felt I should warn people who have any kind of hotel standards this place is a real dump. After first night the cleaning people for some odd reason removed our shower curtin and I didnt even realize it until went to take a shower the second day, too late to report it, I was in the shower lol. Front desk staff was very nice that was the only positive in the whole place. I never complained to them, really what was the point. I took there survey, they know how I feel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank 1BaseballMom15

Dear Guest,

I apologize for the dissatisfaction of our services during your stay in our facility. Our housekeeping department does an outstanding job of making sure the facility is clean and that our guests have everything they need. Mistakes do happen, and perhaps a housekeeper was looking to replace your shower curtain and may have forgotten to put a fresh one on the curtain rod. I'm not sure what exactly happened, but I can assure you, if we would have known about these issues, we would have been more than happy to correct them. Regardless, I'm sorry that it had a negative impact on your visit.

Please understand our liquor license does not permit having alcoholic beverages in the parking lot. We feel that having alcoholic beverages in our parking lot is a threat to public safety, and you may possibly be exposed to an open container charge by local police. There are plenty of areas in the facility where you can purchase these beverages, or if you have a hotel room, your are welcome to drink your own beverages in there.

Thank you for your feedback and I hope that you choose to visit our facility again in the future!

Reviewed May 15, 2012

Over all a very disappointing stay. Not the room or experance you would expect for almost $80 dollars a night for a week day night.

It started with the booking, there web site is not the clearest on what hotel you are booking with. The property has two hotels one on each site of the casino. On one side you have what looks like a very nice spa and semi high end hotel. The other property is attached to the water park. I thought I was booking the spa.

When I arrived I parked at the Catfish Bend Spa hotel. It has a very nice attractive entrance and well kept lawn. Upon entering I was greeted by the front desk and I asked to check in. She checked me in but informed me that I was at there other hotel on the other side of the property. She told me to go out and drive around the back past the parking deck and park in the lot on the other side. When I got to this side the grounds were not nearly as well kept. The rock area between the side walk and the building looked like it had not been weeded yet this spring and was well over grown.

I entered the building and there was an odd oder along with a hint of chlorine which is expected with the indoor water park. I went to my room and when opened it there was a very strong musty/moldy smell. The room it self look ok at first glance and even had the appearance at one time it probably was a nice high end room. Upon closer look the beading had all kinds of snags. The wall paper in the bathroom was pealing in several places and the grout on the floor was dirty.

I went to the front desk and complained about the musty/moldy smell in the room. I also let her know about the check in at the other hotel and she apologized for the mix up with the website and check in. She let me know that they were out of standard double rooms so she gave me a free upgrade to a pool view room and a voucher for breakfast. The girlt was very friendly and tried to help.

I went to the new room and it was a double room the exact same size as the first one. The only difference is it had a slider that opened up to a terrace over looking the pool area but no access to the pool. The bedding looked to be in a little bit better shape then the other room. The wall paper in the bathroom of this room was also badly pealing in several spots. The towel bar was rusted and there was a big hole in the tile floor. In the bed room there was a burn spot on the floor, some type of crumbs next to the bed and corn chips by the head of the bed on the floor.

The Pzazz is defiantly an old property, it had old small rooms, small hall ways and an old appearance. Despite the fact that it probably had a minor remolded in the last five to ten years it is deftly ready for a major renovation.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank MWR4114
Management response:Responded July 14, 2012

Dear Guest,

I'm terribly sorry for the lack of cleanliness in your room. I assure you our housekeeping department is usually very thorough with their room inspections and cleaning. Unfortunately, I realize, this is not the case for you. For that, I am very sorry.

The photos are very helpful in pinpointing specific issues and we are working diligently to resolve these and make sure they are brought to the attention of the appropriate people. Thank you so much for your feedback and I hope you can come back and have a more positive experience.

Reviewed May 3, 2012

The fact that this place uses the name resort in their name is hilarious, its a dump. First there is a sign out front that says Pzazz but when you pull in you see no signage for check in only an interest to "fun city"? When you enter fun city, which is just an arcade, you wander around looking for the check in desk with luggage until you give up and ask someone who points you down a hall to registration. Check in was fine once found but the room was dirty and the iron didnt work. I would never stay here again, stay at one of the surrounding properties.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank J-Wags
PzazzEntertainment, Guest Relations Manager at Pzazz Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2012

Dear J-Wags,

Thank you for your feedback on the facility. We do appreciate all feedback, whether it be negative or positive, because it helps us grow.

I noticed that you referred to Fun City as just an arcade, and I hope that you got to experience more than that. We have the arcade, go-cart track, bowling alley, laser tag arena, virtual reality simulations, and of course the water park that comes free with your hotel room, all located in just the Fun City side of our resort. That doesn't include the full service spa, casino, and multiple restaurants.

I'm very sorry that you had difficulty finding the front desk of the hotel. There are maps posted all throughout the facility, including one in our main entrance. The doors you described entering would have been our main entrance in front of the Rotunda, the fun city desk. I assure you that any of our staff members would have been able to help you locate the front desk without a problem.

I'm sorry you had an unpleasant experience and that you felt our facility was not up to your standards. If you would like to contact me via our customer service line please do. I would like to know details of what exactly you disliked so much in the facility.

Thank you so much and have a great day!

Reviewed May 1, 2012

We enjoyed our stay very much everything was just the way I was told when I booked the room We would stay again

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
PzazzEntertainment, Guest Relations Manager at Pzazz Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review! We are very happy you enjoyed your stay! See you again soon!

Regards,