“A nice retreat”

Catfish Bend Inn & Spa
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Burlington
Reviewed April 27, 2012

We are in Burlington several times a year but have never stayed here so we decided to take advantage of the Stay & Play package. Our room was spacious, modern, and very clean. We have eaten at the sports bar several times and as always, the food was good. The breakfast buffet is a nice change from the usual cereal and day-old rolls. We didn't use the spa (although it looked very nice) but did use the exercise room. It is nothing fancy, but provided what we needed. The casino is right there in the same building. The adjoining hotel caters to families so if you want a more romantic and quiet stay, make sure you specify the Catfish Bend Spa. Thius us where we will be staying from now on.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
PzazzEntertainment, Guest Relations Manager at Catfish Bend Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Dear Guest,

We are very glad you enjoyed your time here! We do our absolute best to make sure that you have a memorable and enjoyable experience in our facility! I'm very happy that you had just that!

Kind Regards

Reviewed April 4, 2012

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed March 27, 2012

Enjoyed our stay, The kid's area was a lot of fun for our kid's! They didn't want to leave. Swimming was fun and we also enjoyed the X-Large pizza It would feed an army! Casino was fun at night for my husband and I, we didn't win but still had a good time. Great place to take the kid's during the winter blues!

Room Tip: We shared a double with our kid's and Grandpa slept on a cot, It worked for a over night with th...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 14, 2012

We were there 10 yrs ago when the kids were little,now there older,14 and 17 not much in the indoor area for teens and adults small pool and hot tub. The ceiling is starting to rust and looks bad. The arcade area is still ok.We did go bowling that was fun. Food is still good lots of variety in the area. Dont plan on sleeping in to a quiet morning loud kids up at 630-7am running down hall screaming but we knew that going in. Overall its a good place if you dont want to travel to the dells.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback! It sounds like you stayed at the Pzazz Family Resort Hotel located on the south end of our complex. The Catfish Bend Inn is only going on its sixth year and is restricted to guests 21 and over. That being said, we do our best to keep up the Pzazz hotel with renovations and design changes often. I will be sure to give your review to the hotel manager!

I understand the experience you had with children screaming in the morning is not desirable. Please keep in mind that if we could control the noise that some of the patrons make, we would! There is only so much that can be done. However, the next time you are here, if you have issues with noise again, please don't hesitate to contact the front desk and we can do everything we can to quiet down the noise.

Thank you again for your review, and I hope to see you come back and visit us!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed February 7, 2012

We stayed at your facility for a xmas party. The rooms were nice and we ate at the Bugaloo Cafe. It was good. My husband and I proceeded to the Casino. I was approached by a security guard stating that I was intoxicated and that i needed to go to my room. I said what. I had tripped on the step and he said that i was stumbling around. I go back to my room and then come down later and another security guard says you can go anywhere but the Casino. I said i was not told that. I was very upset. My husband and I then go to the Bugaloo cafe where we had a few drinks. He was leaving the dance floor when some guy punches him in the face and then runs. My husband is approached then by security guards saying that you need to leave. My husband had several witnesses to the whole thing. my husband said why do i need to leave. they just said you need to leave and then tried to get him to go outside. he is like i am not going outside.

Both situations were handled very, very poorly and the security guards were very rude. I don't know how you can run a business like this treating people the way they did. We both did nothing wrong but yet we were singled out. What is wrong with this picture??? I would not recommend this facility to anybody!!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Lisa S
PzazzEntertainment, Guest Relations Manager at Catfish Bend Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2012

Dear guest,

Please see the same review posted by the same guest at our other property. The Pzazz Hotel.

Again, I am deeply sorry you feel you were treated poorly. I hope you may return to our establishment someday soon and give us another chance to show you our outstanding customer service.

Our employees are instructed to spot signs of intoxication among all of our visitors that are on the gambling floor. If you would like to discuss this further I would be more than happy to take your call.

Reviewed February 5, 2012

Room over price could stay at red roof and save 100.00 bucks food was good and priced fairly. Ease to get to casino was great..someother guests very loud at 3am sure they woke up the whole floor . Front desk could've been more informabtile .when calling for reservation made seem like I was interruping her just did have I wanna go back there feeling

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank qazmlp

Dear Guest,

I'm sorry your experience at Catfish Bend Inn & Spa was sub-par. We pride ourselves in our customer service skills and the beautiful facility we have to share.

I'm even more sorry that you were mistreated over the phone. Nobody should ever feel that way, especially when you are choosing to come here instead of other area resorts. We know you choose to come here and we really do appreciate your patronage and rest assured it will be taken care of.

I hope you reconsider your avoidance of our facility and give us another chance to impress you will our customer service skills.

Reviewed December 22, 2011

We came to celebrate our 42 year wedding anniversary. We had a wonderful time. This is our 2nd year coming to Catfish Bend and we are planning on making it an annual visit. We are already planning on coming again next year. The only downfall we have is the television. When we would be watching a show, all of a sudden it would change to another channel. If we would turn the TV on, it would go off or if we would shut it off, it would come back on. The only thing we could think of is the people in the other room would change their TV and ours would change too. But we will still be back. See you next December.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review! Congratulations on your 42nd anniversary! Thats wonderful! We are very happy you decided to stay here with us and make it an annual visit!

See you again soon!

Best Regards,
866.792.9948

Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Howard Johnson Burlington
Quality Inn
#6 of 11 in Burlington
Holiday Inn Express Burlington
Boulders Inn & Suites Fort Madison

Been to Catfish Bend Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!