“No complaints, new hotel, clean and safe.”

Comfort Suites Burlington
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Burlington
Reviewed February 28, 2011

Clean room! I check the sheets at every hotel and this one actually had clean sheets- which is rare if you check hotel sheets. The restaurant had a late night bar that kept us up a bit with ppl coming and going-so our Sat night stay was not the quietest. The restaurant was a steakhouse so health conscious and vegetarian folks like me have no options there. Try Moto's downtown for great pizza also.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 27, 2011

We enjoyed our stay and have no complaints about our room, the service or the hotel's facilities. Check in and check out were quick. We were put in a handicap room, so I suspect that our room's size (very large) wasn't representative of a typical room. But our room had all new furnishings and amenities (i.e., flat screen TV, mini-frig, microwave, cofee maker, hair dryer, etc.) The bed was really comfortable also.

I do have one complaint. The "free" breakfast buffet was so bad we skipped it and went to the nearby Perkins. The buffet layout wasn't well-thoughout. Just a few people waiting to make waffles backed up the servicing line. Staff was slow replenishing empty dishes and the variety of items wasn't all that great to start with.

The hotel is close to the local casino, the minor-league baseball stadium, shopping malls and restaurants.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 18, 2011

My spouse and I stayed at this property for almost a week. We didn't make reservations but received a decent rate anyway. Some reasons why we chose this particular hotel was because 1) they accepted pets, 2) they have a no smoking inside policy 3) we'd eaten at the attached restaurant on previous trips and found the employees to be friendly, the food had been good, the dining room pleasant and clean, and 4) it would be convenient having a restaurant on site.

Our room had a king-size bed, clothing/coat closet, an entertainment center housing a television on a swivel base (handy for pointing the tv towards one side of the wall - bedside or sofa side - or centered for viewing by both sides). The room also had lots of lighting, a microwave, refrigerator, desk, and a plug to hook in for internet connection.

What we liked about the room: The size of the room, the cleanliness, the comfortable bed, sheets and cover; the amenities, the shower wall had high shelves to place the bar of soap, shampoo, and conditioner on, the pleasant view from the window of a field, walkway, and back wall of the pool house.

What we didn't like about the room: Nothing.

We did have one minor inconvenience, and it could have just been us or the weather that caused it, but we found ourselves needing to adjust the room's thermostat a few times throughout the stay.

The hotel has really nice features. For one, it has a great-looking pool and hot tub that I really wish we could have used, but I hadn't thought to pack swimsuits. Another is the pretty lobby with fireplace and sitting area. The fitness room was clean and inviting with a television. The grounds with its pathways and quiet country surroundings. There is a terrific coffee/tea station and a vending machine next to the front desk and on the second floor a nice vending and ice machine area. Nice area to walk the dog. And the already mentioned restaurant.

Even though the hotel is kind of off on its own, it's on and close to major streets so it doesn't take long to get to businesses and attractions.

I frequently noticed the employees cleaning and maintaining the property.
The employees were super friendly and very helpful.

My husband liked the complimentary breakfast more than I did. I'm surprised I didn't like it as much since I liked the meals I'd had at their restaurant before, and loved the 3 times we ate in the restaurant for lunch or dinner during this stay.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 29, 2010

This is a realtively new property and everything in it was like new and very clean. The desk clerk was very pleasant at check in. The bed was very comfortable, on par with my Tempurpedic at home. The free full breakfast included a buffet with scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy as well as waffles and typical continental breakfast sundries. The room had hard wire internet. I'm not sure if wireless was also available. I had tried to get a B & B but none were available in town. I'm very happy with how it turned out. It cost less than a moderate B & B and was much nicer.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 12, 2010

This hotel was new last yr. 2009. My husband & I stayed there for 2 nights this time last yr. & had a good experience. We decided to stay again this yr. & was pretty disappointed with a few things. For a new hotel it is already showing signs of aging. The toilet was loose & rattled every time you sit on it. The sink stopper didn't work, so water would clog in the sink & the bathtub looked old. The maid didn't leave any coffee for the 2nd morning, sounded like a heard of elephants late at night & early morning above us. They allow animals & apparently don't have a size limit. We saw 2 big dogs, getting out of the elevator on the 2nd floor. Was glad they weren't above us, noise was bad enough without the dogs! We have stayed at a lot of hotels & really don't ask for much, but when you add these things together for a new hotel, gets pretty discouraging! We solve the problem of noise, by taking a fan with us every time we travel to drown out the noise. This is a problem we expect at all hotels! So I will not base my rating on that.
Breakfast both days was nothing to write home about! One of the worst I have seen in awhile! Runny scrambled eggs, warm milk, waffle maker had stuck on waffle so bad it was unusable, both days! The second day was even worse, runnier eggs with yesterdays leftover sausage cut up into them. Really disappointed in the whole situation. I really don't like writing these kind of reviews, but it's too truthful not to mention! Needless to say we will be looking for another hotel in that area next time we stay there!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank CJmitch17
Reviewed August 25, 2010

From my first encounter on the phone with Christy for reservations, to our check in with Penny, to the room itself, everything was perfect! We stayed here on a Sunday night in preparation for an early Monday morning surgery for my young son. Needless to say, in anticiapation of the surgery, we were a little nervous, and perhaps a little frazzled upon arrival. Penny at the desk put our nerves at ease instantly. She was very professional and very accomodating to our every need, even offering suggestions on a good spot to eat since the hotel restaurant was closed on Sunday evenings.
The room itself was spotless! I work in the hotel industry and tend to be maybe a little pickier than the average traveler. I need not have worried....the room was very clean, and very comfortable!
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone needing a place to stay in Burlington especially any traveler needing a great spot in close proximity to the hospital. The staff and service from the reservations department, to the front desk, to the housekeeping department were superb!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank blessedmom97
Reviewed August 15, 2010

We try to stay here when we visit Burlington--This trip we were only able to stay one night due to no availabilty the next night--we did find our room to feel "wet"--thinking very humid or perhaps sheets were not dry when put on bed-- We will stay here again our next trip to Burlington. Stayed at the Fun City hotel the second night--not bad there but $$$$

Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family