“Very clean..... and the staff was superb!”

Comfort Suites Burlington
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Burlington
moline
“Very clean..... and the staff was superb!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2010

From my first encounter on the phone with Christy for reservations, to our check in with Penny, to the room itself, everything was perfect! We stayed here on a Sunday night in preparation for an early Monday morning surgery for my young son. Needless to say, in anticiapation of the surgery, we were a little nervous, and perhaps a little frazzled upon arrival. Penny at the desk put our nerves at ease instantly. She was very professional and very accomodating to our every need, even offering suggestions on a good spot to eat since the hotel restaurant was closed on Sunday evenings.
The room itself was spotless! I work in the hotel industry and tend to be maybe a little pickier than the average traveler. I need not have worried....the room was very clean, and very comfortable!
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone needing a place to stay in Burlington especially any traveler needing a great spot in close proximity to the hospital. The staff and service from the reservations department, to the front desk, to the housekeeping department were superb!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank blessedmom97

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2010

We try to stay here when we visit Burlington--This trip we were only able to stay one night due to no availabilty the next night--we did find our room to feel "wet"--thinking very humid or perhaps sheets were not dry when put on bed-- We will stay here again our next trip to Burlington. Stayed at the Fun City hotel the second night--not bad there but $$$$

Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Amsterdam, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2010

We stayed one night in Burlington and were happy with the Comfort Suites. It's on the fringes of town, but certainly close enough to the businesses on US 61 and to the downtown area that this was not a concern. The hotel is pretty new and everything is in very good shape. No troubles with the wireless Internet. The room was the typical Comfort Suites arrangement and everything was clean on our arrival. Breakfast was available in the attached restaurant (but still included in the room rate), so space was not a problem in the breakfast area as is the case with so many hotels of this type. I would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank jtdriver
Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2010

I stayed at this hotel back in March and loved it, now in busy July it was equally as enjoyable.
We arrived early and much to my surprise were allowed to check in to our upgraded family suite at about 1:00 in the afternoon. I was thrilled and the room was perfect for my family of 4. So much space we didn't get in each other's way at all.
The coin operated washer and dryer were greatly appreciated as I had a weeks worth of dirty laundry to do. As was the free wifi.
The only negative was Saturday late afternoon we attempted to enjoy the pool only to be pretty much forced out of there by the rowdy group of young children who were there before us. There was one adult in the area to about 20 kids. He had no control at all. It was actually dangerous for my 2 girls (6 and 8) to be in the pool at the same time. We went back first thing Sunday morning and had a peaceful experience by ourselves there for about an hour.
I love the fact that this hotel is away from the center of Burlington (ie: Mount Pleasant and the Pzazz area) as well. Driving was a lot easier.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Lmcintyre
Columbia, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2010

We stayed here for 2 nights with a high school soccer team.
the rooms were very clean, large, and hard everything you needed. My only complaint was the mattress on the first bed in the room was awful.....sunk to the middle.
There were many rooms reserved and the staff made it very easy.....
Check in was fast and efficent.
The restuarant in the hotel was very nice with good food.
The complimentary breakfast could have been better...but had enough food for all....eggs and sausage.....
The hotel was very close to the soccer fields.....
There was a Fairway grocery store very close that had a great produce section.
Would return.....

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Temecula, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2010

The Comfort Suites in Burlington accommodated me at the last minute, as my usual Burlington hotel was overpriced this particular week. The accommodations are large-- I had a double room with a separate sitting area-- but they are very basic. Simple linens and bedding, old bubble-style TV, shampoo/no conditioner, etc. However, I was very pleased with the free internet access and the restaurant that is on site. The daily free breakfast was OK-- there was a waffle iron but not much variety or selection. But again, it's FREE, so I really can't complain. The front desk staff was always very courteous and accommodating to me, and were helpful when my travel plans changed. It's important to note that the location on Hwy 61 South is on the outer edge of town, and you cannot walk to anything from the hotel. The Comfort Suites is one of the newer hotels in Burlington, so perhaps my expectations were a little too high. Overall, I would stay here again ONLY if the other two accommodations that I prefer in Burlington were booked (see my other reviews).

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank missamiann
Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2010

Our room was very large and well-kept, except the the mildewed shower curtain. Breakfast was adjacent to the restaurant (not open for breakfast) so there was plenty of room to sit. The bread/pastry portion was limited. Although the small airport is basically across the highway, we heard nothing. The hotel is at the far edge of town.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Catfish Bend Inn & Spa
#5 of 11 in Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#2 of 5 in Fort Madison

Been to Comfort Suites Burlington? Share your experiences!