“Great view”
Review of Big Muddy's

Big Muddy's
Ranked #7 of 86 Restaurants in Burlington
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Once seated in the restaurant, your view changes as the seasons change. Winter brings eagles soaring as they search the icy Mississippi for the fresh catch of the day. In the Summer the river becomes alive with casual and commercial traffic. The historic background of this quaint river town is captured in the memorabilia and pictures that adorn the walls.The restaurant has been a landmark for two decades offering casual to formal dining attracting patrons both local and visiting tourist from other countries. We have a casual family friendly environment. Serving lunch and dinner as well as drinks at the bar. We are great for groups! Walk in or make a reservation and when the weather permits, choose to sit in side or out. Dine in, carry out or we will cater! Whatever the occasion - Big Muddy's is the place!!
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Ha a sandwich called wild turkey which is outstanding. A one inch thich marinated turkey breast that is grilled and served as a sandwich. Richt on the river with a great view of the bridge

Reviewed November 30, 2012

I sat and watch the Lady owner chewing out employee because of her freaking makeup. Get real that is so rude, The young lady looked very nice. I have heard from many people the owners are very rude to employees and i was shocked when i witnessed it for myself. I will never go there and will tell all my friends to stay away. To treat your employees this way is so uncalled for!!!!!!!

1  Thank dsp692001
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Can't believe Trip Advisor doesn't have this place rated higher. It is constantly in my rotation for best places to go in Burlington. American casual, the food, value and service are all good. The view is excellent.

If you want a nice, relaxed meal along the riverfront anytime of the year... this is the place. I'd personally skip the times when the buffets are in swing, too crowded for me and I prefer menu items over the buffet.

1  Thank ciatoday
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Occupying an 1898 railroad freighthouse the view of traffic on the Mississippi river would otherwise be worth the stop. Add in that one can enjoy a variety of offerings, including catfish, it is worth the leisurly meal. Close to bridge linking Iowa to Illinois

Reviewed September 29, 2012

We recently had company from California and a mutual friend took us to Big Muddy's. The restaurant offers a panoramic view of the Mississippi and we enjoyed watching the barge traffic while eating our lunch. The "California cousin" had the tenderloin and declared it the best he'd eaten in Iowa and he'd eaten several since his arrival! I had the hamburger which was juicy but not greasy and the onion rings I ordered were done to perfection. Service could have been a little faster but with good company, a great view of the river, and a Saturday to be spent in a leisurely way, the wait was worth it.

Been to Big Muddy's? Share your experiences!